Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Best game to attend this year?

CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,384 Swaye's Wigwam
So because of the travel and our monopoly money up here I can only do 1 game a year max. Last year we went to Stanford and had a blast in the rain but might want to give the wife a chance at some nicer weather this year.

What weekend would you blow your money on? Leaning hard to USC being in late sept and being the adidas launch party at the moment but I'm curious what other opinions are out there...

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    I'm thinking Utah this year since Stanford is the Bay Area game and its earlier. I can't really get away until November
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Canadawg said:

So because of the travel and our monopoly money up here I can only do 1 game a year max. Last year we went to Stanford and had a blast in the rain but might want to give the wife a chance at some nicer weather this year.

What weekend would you blow your money on? Leaning hard to USC being in late sept and being the adidas launch party at the moment but I'm curious what other opinions are out there...

I’ve been struggling with the same conundrum.

Apple cup beating of Leach is always enjoyable.

Oregon at home always feels like something you shouldn’t miss.

Utah is always a tough grind it out game.

But USC has always been the conference bully, and after 2016 I’d like to think it’ll be a great revenge game.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,548 Founders Club
    Can't vouch for the weather, but the @ Colorado game is a dark horse best trip of the season.

Boulder is an awesome college town and Denver is 45 minutes away for big city vibes. Decent chance the nuggets will be playing so you can double up sporting events (broncos are out of town)

Plus win probability is very high, which usually makes the trip complete.

For a game in Seattle it's hands down against USC. For all the obvious competitive reasons, Adidas launch, and big recruiting weekend it should be as good as it gets in Husky Stadium all year.

Also the Seahawks play the Saints the following day so it's perfect for maximizing your experience if you're into that sorta thing.
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member Posts: 1,996
    Get in early for Cal or USC if weather is a priority
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    Doogles said:

Can't vouch for the weather, but the @ Colorado game is a dark horse best trip of the season.

Boulder is an awesome college town and Denver is 45 minutes away for big city vibes. Decent chance the nuggets will be playing so you can double up sporting events (broncos are out of town)

For a game in Seattle it's hands down against USC. For all the obvious competitive reasons, Adidas launch, and big recruiting weekend it should be as good as it gets in Husky Stadium all year.

Also the Seahawks play the Saints the following day so it's perfect for maximizing your experience if you're into that sorta thing.

Boulder is for sure going to be my road trip this season
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

I did Colorado in 1990 when they were a tuff Big 8 team. Great trip
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    The last two years I’ve chosen the homecoming games. UCLA and Colorado. Not the best opponents, but the games were midday and the weather was beautiful. Perfect for traveling in and not getting home at 3am.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,548 Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

Doogles said:

Boulder is for sure going to be my road trip this season
    I'll most likely be there with BuffBuffPass. Definitely attending the annual bay area loss and working on USC. Will be at the Oregon game too.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,384 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd like to thank the posters for all their support but I have decided to take my talents to Eastern Washington.

I think Utah is interesting but maybe a bit late in the season and ive seen the dawgs lose to Oregon a few years back already. I wonder what the Cal game will be like
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,364
    I only get one gayme also. For me, its a strong lean to Oregon, considering its become a good rival game. Some have them predicted to win the conference. Anytime Tinfoil and Lime come to town with everything to lose, its a must do for this Doog. SC is a dumpster fire now, and you will have to endure the same shitty fight song over and over and over again......
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    Doogles said:

It looks like Seattle is playing at Phoenix that weekend. Solid reasoning though. If I am picking one game it would normally be Oregon but this year it would probably be USC except if you want to double up with your 12 buddies the Oregon game matches up with Baltimore playing the Hawks the next day.