Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hollywood Blockbusters (Round 1) - #2 Empire Strike Back vs #7 Return of the King

2»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,689
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Empire Strikes Back
    Gladstone said:

chuck said:

The LOTR movies were an abortion on every level other than visuals. They failed to develop a single character or portray a single fucking scene in line with the absolutely perfect source material. Nine plus hours of movie apparently isn't enough time to stay remotely close on anything that matters, I guess. Fuck Peter Jackson.

I still refuse to believe this is a real opinion. Amazing.
    Believe it. I hate those movies. Inexcusable character alterations for the entire cast, written in scene es and plot devices, invented characters...none of it was necessary or sensible. All it did was dumb down the story and most of the best characters for the masses. It didn't have to be that way.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    FOTR was better than ROTK

Rogue One was better than ESB
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,234
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Empire Strikes Back
    BearsWiin said:

I'm not huge Star Wars guy at all but was actually pretty impressed with Rogue One.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,085
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #2 Empire Strikes Back

BearsWiin said:

I'm not huge Star Wars guy at all but was actually pretty impressed with Rogue One.
    To me Rogue One is second in the entire franchise behind Empire and ahead of ANH. All the rest of it was shit except for slave suit Leia.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    #2 Empire Strikes Back
    Swaye said:

BearsWiin said:

To me Rogue One is second in the entire franchise behind Empire and ahead of ANH. All the rest of it was shit except for slave suit Leia.
    1/2 ANH/Empire (I go back and forth)
    3 Rogue One
    4 fucking dreckfest
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    #2 Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the King is the worst of the three so it didn't stand a chance in this contest. Fellowship of the Ring is the best one.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #2 Empire Strikes Back
    WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED IN ANY STAR WARS MOVIE AFTER THE FIRST ONE?

Nothing. The first one (because of the way GL had to rewrite the script) encapsulated the whole thing.

We never needed another one.

The only thing you could argue is that Darth is Luke’s dad (which is kind of stupid and convenient if you ask me).

So - do an hour TV special in 1980 and at the end just say “okay guys, Darth Vader is Luke’s father”.

By the way - the only truly retarded thing about SW is the father bullshit. It would have been better without it.

The idea that Obi Wan was hiding out next to Luke and his uncle... it just wasn’t necessary.

Literally nothing changes without it. Story would’ve been a lot cleaner without it.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,176
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    #2 Empire Strikes Back

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED IN ANY STAR WARS MOVIE AFTER THE FIRST ONE?

Nothing. The first one (because of the way GL had to rewrite the script) encapsulated the whole thing.

The only thing you could argue is that Darth is Luke’s dad (which is kind of stupid and convenient if you ask me).

So - do an hour TV special in 1980 and at the end just say “okay guys, Darth Vader is Luke’s father”.

By the way - the only truly retarded thing about SW is the father bullshit. It would have been better without it.

The idea that Obi Wan was hiding out next to Luke and his uncle... it just wasn’t necessary.

Literally nothing changes without it. Story would’ve been a lot cleaner without it.

As a black male homosexual, if you can't appreciate the hotness of Billy Motherfucking D Williams as Lando Calrissian, I just don't know what to say....

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,234
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Empire Strikes Back

@Dennis_DeYoung you ignorant slut - even my 5 year old is smarter than you. He requests The Imperial March by a ratio of 10-1 over the Star Wars Theme in the car on the way to preschool.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,085
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #2 Empire Strikes Back

@Dennis_DeYoung you ignorant slut - even my 5 year old is smarter than you. He requests The Imperial March by a ratio of 10-1 over the Star Wars Theme in the car on the way to preschool.
    The toddlers have spoken!