Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Recent long Petersen interview that probably no one has seen

NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
Buddy sent me this link, the video has like 500 views but it's a pretty damn interesting interview. Pete goes really in-depth. Strange that it exits, but worth a watch/listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRp4Nxu9m2k

Comments

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam
    Watched that on a flight back from Orlando last year. Never finished it, and they removed it from their library, so interesting to see it on youtube now.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    NEsnake12 said:

TL;DW key points:

- Pete hated school and had absolutely no plan for his life when he finished at UC Davis, because the CFL team he was going to join folded. So the reason he started his Built 4 Life program is because he doesn't want his players to get stuck in that same situation he was in.

- Pete wasn't super excited when he got the Boise St head coaching job because he was comfortable as an assistant... he actually had to be convinced to take it.

- At 32:00 he goes in-depth about "OKG". I'd recommend actually watching this part, he talks a lot about the misinterpretation of the term and how they almost abandoned using it.

Okg === white and unathletic

Hth
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter
    TYFYS. This is one of the best interviews with him I've seen.
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    Would recommend OKG to friends and family now
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:

TL;DW key points:

- Pete hated school and had absolutely no plan for his life when he finished at UC Davis, because the CFL team he was going to join folded. So the reason he started his Built 4 Life program is because he doesn't want his players to get stuck in that same situation he was in.

- Pete wasn't super excited when he got the Boise St head coaching job because he was comfortable as an assistant... he actually had to be convinced to take it.

- At 32:00 he goes in-depth about "OKG". I'd recommend actually watching this part, he talks a lot about the misinterpretation of the term and how they almost abandoned using it.

Between a reference to LEAP & @whatshouldicareabout poast, it appears this was recorded a year ago. And yet, the OKG segment sounds like a direct rebuttal to the elitist, white-only thing from Oregon.