Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is Wilcox the best option now?

If he can keep Sermon, Tosh, Hey ward in the boat and get a good OC. At least we'd have some recruiters and decent position coaches. I'm scared of the group of NFL retreads Nussmeier would scrounge up

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,748 Swaye's Wigwam
  • What are the dumbfucks at DM.C saying?
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    Hypothetically what if Nussmeier ends up as HC and Wilcox stays as DC along with Sirmon, Tosh and Heyward?

My concern would be whether or not he's smarter than the Armenian and actually hires a quality OC to call the plays so he can focus on the team.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,477
    I hope not, much rather get Peterson. At least he has been a HC for years and has experience. Really do not want another learning on the job guy.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited December 2013
    What is with the fascination for coordinators with no HC experience?

Completely fucking baffles me.

The UW is the new Bowling Green....
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    MisterEm said:

What is with the fascination for coordinators with no HC experience?

Completely fucking baffles me.

The UW is the new Bowling Green....

Chimp Smelly (LOL)
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,063
    Wilcox seems way too introverted to deal with the media as a HC. I doubt he ever gets an offer from a major school.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    I know people here don't like Wilcox but the fact is hiring those coaches in 2011 helped the defense and increased the talent in the program materially. The problem with not getting Mora is recruiting is going to take a step back initially bc the Cali guys will lose interest and in-state recruiting is not locked up. I don't want Wilcox or Nuss but in any case I think recruiting will take an initial step back.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    fuck recruiting, this year's UW class was WR dogshit anyway. get a decent coach. UW can do better than Steve.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159

I know people here don't like Wilcox but the fact is hiring those coaches in 2011 helped the defense and increased the talent in the program materially. The problem with not getting Mora is recruiting is going to take a step back initially bc the Cali guys will lose interest and in-state recruiting is not locked up. I don't want Wilcox or Nuss but in any case I think recruiting will take an initial step back.

I would take Nuss if he can keep the defensive staff in tact. Aside from being an OC, the guy does not seem like a Sark (read: dipshit). I'm a bigger fan of bringing in a NC-winning OC than a guy who has had some success in the MWC.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,833 Swaye's Wigwam
    Making a hiring decision based on who will keep the current coaching staff intact is fucking retarded. You are either a bigtime program or you are not. You either go after serious head coaching candidates and let them fill out their staffs or you don't. There is no short-term scenario to save here. Go big or get the fuck out.