Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What will KD do?

HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Now that he's officially out for next season, what do you think his next move is?

What will KD do? 28 votes

Exercise his player option to rehab on GS's dime for $31.5M and reevaluate his options next year
32%
Houhuskybiak1KaepskneeRapeculturedawgSourcesFireCohenRDRDomicillo1to392831weretaken 9 votes
Resign with GS
10%
PurpleThrobberDooglesFreeChavez 3 votes
Knicks
14%
HillsboroDuckUWhuskytskeetallpurpleallgoldGDS 4 votes
Lakers
0%
Nets
25%
QuornDawgdncNEsnake12BleachedAnusDawgDeepDawgDoogCouricsByronMurphyTheGoat 7 votes
Clippers
3%
AtomicDawg 1 vote
Blazers (Hi Haie!)
7%
BennyBeaverhaie 2 votes
Hawks
0%
Mavericks
3%
bigcc 1 vote
Rye Tin
3%
RaceBannon 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Nets
    Of all those teams, I think the Nets are in the best position to be patient with him for a year while he rehabs, as well as offering him the best roster to win with once he's back (assuming they also get a second max guy). Half of those teams aren't a consideration for KD. I would say the Nets and Knicks are his top-2, or he takes the player option (which I don't think he will because teams will offer him max deals even with him having to sit for a year).
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Resign with GS
    He'll opt out regardless, the Warriors will still have to offer a contact and he'd make 40 million to rehab on their dime.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    Resign with GS
    Doogles said:

He'll opt out regardless, the Warriors will still have to offer a contact and he'd make 40 million to rehab on their dime.

I think it's about 70/30 that he signs a max deal and stays with the Warriors. It's not about the money - he's going to get paid max money wherever he goes. He doesn't need to leave $10M on the table on the Player Option angle - somebody is going to give him max money even to sit for almost a year.

Assuming all is cool between KD, Klay and Steph offcourt -and there's no indication of any problems - it comes down to certainty of winning. So, even if KD has to sit out almost a year and comes back for the last 20 regular season games and the playoffs in 2020, the Warriors are still the team to beat. Arguably, you've got 3 Top 50 players of all-time on the same squad during their peak years - able to win maybe another 5 titles....that's reaching into Russell's Celtics stratosphere.

Going elsewhere holds the uncertainty of who is going to be available, chemistry, coaching, etc. KD knows what he's got in GS and it's pretty damned good from top to bottom. Even with Draymond going postal every once in a while.

The only reason I wouldn't go higher on probability is if there was some funny business/adverse pressure from GS to come back for Game 5 and some lingering scandal with the medical staff. Nothing indicates that's the case at this point.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,154
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rye Tin
    Quite honestly it doesn't matter

Kawhi is the top free agent

AD is the top trade

The Lakers are the big story

The Warriors are the favorites next year with or without KD and its without regardless due to the injury
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Knicks
    It seemed like the Knicks were the leader before the injury so I’ll stick with that.

It’s hard to know how he’ll react to it but Golden State definitely has a better chance now. Unless they win without him.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,462
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019
    I don’t follow basketball, but it seems to the untrained eye that no one wants to play with that washed up BUM and his LA clown show. Big win for my Blues tonight. Waited a lifetime for this. Oh and Durant is done. Never be the same.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Knicks
    PurpleJ said:

I don’t follow basketball, but it seems to the untrained eye that no one wants to play with that washed up BUM and his LA clown show. Big win for my Blues tonight. Waited a lifetime for this. Oh and Durant is done. Never be the same.

Are you talking about Doc Rivers?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,462
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Are you talking about Doc Rivers?
    Well I’m not talking about Kobe, Shaq or Magic...

LeBron aint winning shit in LA.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Nets

Of all those teams, I think the Nets are in the best position to be patient with him for a year while he rehabs, as well as offering him the best roster to win with once he's back (assuming they also get a second max guy). Half of those teams aren't a consideration for KD. I would say the Nets and Knicks are his top-2, or he takes the player option (which I don't think he will because teams will offer him max deals even with him having to sit for a year).

100% agree. The Nets cleared cap last week for a reason.

Much more talented roster than the Knicks and still in a big market. DLo, Dinwiddie, KD, LeVert, and Jarrett Allen is a damn good core, and they'd still have cap room to add another good role player
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2019
    Exercise his player option to rehab on GS's dime for $31.5M and reevaluate his options next year

AD is the top trade

The Warriors are the favorites next year with or without KD and its without regardless due to the injury

Absolutely no way KD or Kawhi go to the Lakers. They are an absolute shit show from top to bottom now and that won't change should a big FA lose their mind and decide to sign with them.

They'll end up with AD and they'll be a perennial 4 or 5 seed in the West with the ceiling being losing 4-1 in the Conf final.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,154
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rye Tin
    Disagree
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Blazers (Hi Haie!)

AD is the top trade

Adrian Dantley is a FA?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Nets

Disagree

Lake-show is a disaster and LeBron is breaking down.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Nets

Good chit
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Resign with GS
    Gotta say, the thought of Kyrie being a pussy, and KD having thin skin should be a combo to enjoy watching utter disfunction for the next 3-4 years. There is no way this works out well. On top of the fact his leg probably never it makes it back to 100%. I still think the KD signing is a decent gamble, but the kyrie thing makes no sense to me. He's been a shithead at every stop.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Gotta say, the thought of Kyrie being a pussy, and KD having thin skin should be a combo to enjoy watching utter disfunction for the next 3-4 years. There is no way this works out well. On top of the fact his leg probably never it makes it back to 100%. I still think the KD signing is a decent gamble, but the kyrie thing makes no sense to me. He's been a shithead at every stop.

Kyrie's proven himself to be a loser time and time again

KD has titles left in him ... but I'm not sure it's realistic to think with that injury that he'll be winning titles shouldering the load

At this point, it's really hard for me to imagine that the Nets are a title contender
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    ^ completely owned. game set match. sorry teq

I look forward to being a Warriors fan again. Maybe KD will finally get a ring once he’s healthy.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Gladstone said:

^ completely owned. game set match. sorry teq

I look forward to being a Warriors fan again. Maybe KD will finally get a ring once he’s healthy.

NBA is a shot makers league and Kyrie made a great shot in that moment

Everything he's shown since then suggests that he's a loser ...

Couldn't take the pressure playing 2nd to LBJ, whined about wanting his own team, and forced a trade out of town

Gets his own team with a legit title contender in Boston and essentially contributes to torpedo'ing the team in a way that hasn't happened in Boston since the late 70s ... they couldn't wait to get him out of town

I expect that the same story will play out in Brooklyn ... where the media intensity won't settle down ...

For as much as I appreciate KD's game, he's not exactly the best with the media and the attention that comes with it. It's something that Kyrie isn't good with either. How they react when all of the intensity is sitting right with them will be beyond interesting to watch.

For better or worse, the Warriors basically allowed KD to be the best version of himself in so many ways.

KD went about searching out a new challenge/opportunity which he is entitled to do so.

His injury is one that it's hard to expect he'll come back the same ... 80% of him though is obviously still a great player.

But there's good reason to be skeptical as to whether the Nets can win a title with this group ... it's far from a given.