Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Situation with the WTFs and downvotes

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,174
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited June 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
Okay, so Vanilla says that they won't return our WTF / downvotes feature to the way it has been for the past seven years. For those who didn't see the other thread, Vanilla changed the code so that when people downvote or WTF someone's post, they now do it anonymously. Vanilla is doing this to avoid having people be retaliated against when they downvote someone's post. The admin (me) and mods can see who did what, but it is anonymous to the rest of the board. I explained to Vanilla that playful retaliation is the lifeblood or Hardcore Husky, but they said there is no going back.

So I got to thinking....

And my solution to this is to make everyone a mod.

Okay, I'm just kidding. That was fun. Sorry PurpleJ.

Here's what we're thinking... On my admin dashboard are various reaction badges which can be activated or turned off. All of the negative reactions (downvote, WTF, confused, off topic) will remain anonymous with the new system. But if we activate one or two of the positive responses (good idea, Like, Thumbs Up, etc), those will continue to display who did what. But I have the ability to change the names.

So if we take the good idea button, which is a yellow circle with a black exclamation mark, we can name that "Fucktarded", or "Miserable and Pathetic" or even "WTF".

We could take the Thumbs Up and have it be called "Thumb Up Your Keister" or something Nebraska classy like that.

We are interested in everyone's input for what to call these. Soon, great posts can be labeled "Chincredible", while shitty posts can be mocked for being "HondoFS", or the like.

Please give your feedback.

Comments