Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Rest of the Chris Steele Story, from The Athletic

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
Steele’s mother got laid off in May

“In an interview with The Athletic, Steele said that his mother lost her job effective June 16. Without that job, it would have made it financially very tough for his family to travel to his games. Steele is a Los Angeles-area native.

They started talking about two weeks ago, right around the time I committed. She went to work on Monday and got her official notice. On June 16, she won’t have a job anymore with the school district. I don’t come from the wealthiest family, so financially it was going to be very hard. And then on top of that, my grandma is on dialysis. So with my mom losing her job, she’s going to be a provider for my grandma just to get a few dollars flowing in. And then, you know, I think it’ll just be a lot easier if I stayed home. I came to the decision that I’ll be able to support my mom financially. It doesn’t happen every day that an 18-year-old has to try and help support his family. It’s tough. But I mean, you have to make it work. That’s the reason why I’m not going to Oregon anymore. It was going to be too much for my parents. I know a lot of people don’t understand it, but recruits, players, we’re all human like everybody else. We deal with real-life situations. It was something that was important to me, my faith, family and football, and my education.”

Comments