Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW "not a Porsche job."

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
What a douche bag. The only thing UW lacks is an abundance of local high schools that churn out D-1 interior DLs and OLs. Otherwise we have outstanding facilities, passionate fans, a highly-ranked academic institution, a first-class city, a great quality of life, and a tradition that is among the best in the country.

mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/writer/jeremy-fowler/24315826/coaching-changes-daily-uclas-jim-mora-should-be-washingtons-first-call

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,748 Swaye's Wigwam
    "this isnt a Porsche job, but it is certainly in the Lexus SUV range."

I have nothing against that statement.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    People are douchebags for speaking obvious truths now?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,070
    This isn’t a Porsche job but is certainly in the Lexus SUV range.

I honestly don't know how you can argue with that.

Do you subscribe to the Iron Laws?

I think it a bit of a stretch to say our tradition is among the best in the country, but as a subjective thing, I suppose it's there for all of us to make up however we wish.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,735 Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah, what is virtually everyone's #1 on their list when evaluating job offers... cash money. So it may be closer than some think to a Porsche (hey it's not a Lambo or a Ferrari) IF he is offered a Top 5 national salary.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Comprehensive list of the great things Husky football has done over the past 10 years:

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I hear Porsche jobs are hard to drive and lead to death penalties #paulwalkertoosoon?
  • HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,300
    If USC is Porsche Cayenne Turbo S I would hope UW is BMW X5M.

I miss Washington dammit!
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    edited December 2013
    Even Alabama & Texas have had brief periods when they weren't Porches. We aren't Texas, Alabama, Notre Dame, or USC. We have been for period of time in the past, but we are not there right now. We're 7 win Steve, with the best stadium in the best setting in America. With Mora, we're one step closer. With a staff full of Super Bowl rings, the setting, the academics, ON A SUNNY DAY, we make a hell of an impression.

BTW, can somebody photoshop this pic? Hell of a UW marketing campaign...
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited December 2013

Even Alabama & Texas have had brief periods when they weren't Porches. We aren't Texas, Alabama, Notre Dame, or USC. We have been for period of time in the past, but we are not there right now. We're 7 win Steve, with the best stadium in the best setting in America. With Mora, we're one step closer. With a staff full of Super Bowl rings, the setting, the academics, ON A SUNNY DAY, we make a hell of an impression.

BTW, can somebody photoshop this pic? Hell of a UW marketing campaign...

Bingo. We've been a Porsche, and we've been a Lexus. Heck, we've probably been a Toyota Corolla. But Seattle, Lake Washington, and UW will never be a Dodge Dart. We aren't in corvalis, pullman, eugene, tucson, salt lake city, or boulder.

We've got inherent advantages that many schools can only dream of. These advantages are why there is no excuse for shitty recruiting.