Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I thought that angry white males were responsible for mass shootings?

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I thought shooting people was already banned?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Looks like nothings changed. If an African American does something bad, Bob will race to the closest message board and tell everybody how bad black people are.

I was told that only angry white males engage in mass shootings. Did liberals lie to me Owl?

Who said that Bob?
    More reading less cocksucking Hondo.
    Got a link Bob? You should easily find that quote here on HH.
    Put down the dick and read Kunt.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    SFGbob said:

A disgruntled city employee armed with a .45-caliber handgun and several extended magazines opened fire at the Virginia Beach Municipal Center on Friday, killing at least 12 people before he was shot dead by police, authorities said.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/31/disgruntled-worker-used-handgun-extended-clips-in-virginia-beach-massacre-cops/

It does seem to be one area in which the black guy wins. I mean, we can't exactly include the ladies. From dead reckoning, they're not in the pool. Leaves us with men, and it does seem to be predominantly a white guy thing. What are blacks, like 14 or 15% of the total population? Are they responsible for a commensurate number of these things? I don't know, but it doesn't seem like it.

It's not a matter of capable. It's just a matter of who actually does it.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Awesome, so you found the single incident that disproves the other 100 and some.

I don't think skin color has anything to do with mass shootings. You and most of the left appear to think it does. I know you as a self hating white person don't like it Owl but white males are still the majority of the men in this country. These shootings are carried out by men. Hardly shocking that majority of these shootings are carried out by white males.

And the fact that you believe that there's only been one incident of a mass shooting that was carried out by a non-white person just reveals more evidence of what a ignorant dumbfuck you are Owl.
    I hadn't read this. Now I see the point you're making.

I'm not sure myself if it does or if it doesn't. Race in the US matters. It's nice to say that's only because of left wing philosophy, but I reject that idea. It matters because it always has mattered, and as recently as in my lifetime, it mattered quite a lot. Not because of conservativism or progressivism, but because of racism. There have been, and still are, racists all over the place. Sure, things are much better, and sure, some liberal politicians and local community charlatans make a career out of preying on this issue, but none of that translates to "there's no racism".

We had an exchange some time ago (a bunch of us) about why experience with the police is different for black men, and somebody responded it's because black men commit more crimes. But that general criminal tendency doesn't seem to be expressed in this particular type of crime. Sure, there are 50 murders a day in Chicago, or whatever the number is, and black men are behind a lot of those. But this psychotic and randomly-appearing rampage thing, here at least, does seem to occur more with white guys. I don't have the cause and effect explanation for why that is, but it does seem to be the case.

All I'd say on the matter is, since race does play a part in the life experience of a great many people in the US, it wouldn't be too surprising that, depending on one's circumstances, how that plays out might be different for white men vs. black men, and that may express or manifest itself in the nature of the crimes they tend to commit.

Or it might be entirely random. I wouldn't really know because I don't study these things.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,258
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Looks like nothings changed. If an African American does something bad, Bob will race to the closest message board and tell everybody how bad black people are.

Oh for fuck sake when did this dipshit show up?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Hondo needed a friend
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Awesome, so you found the single incident that disproves the other 100 and some.

I don't think skin color has anything to do with mass shootings. You and most of the left appear to think it does. I know you as a self hating white person don't like it Owl but white males are still the majority of the men in this country. These shootings are carried out by men. Hardly shocking that majority of these shootings are carried out by white males.

And the fact that you believe that there's only been one incident of a mass shooting that was carried out by a non-white person just reveals more evidence of what a ignorant dumbfuck you are Owl.

I'm not sure myself if it does or if it doesn't. Race in the US matters. It's nice to say that's only because of left wing philosophy, but I reject that idea. It matters because it always has mattered, and as recently as in my lifetime, it mattered quite a lot. Not because of conservativism or progressivism, but because of racism. There have been, and still are, racists all over the place. Sure, things are much better, and sure, some liberal politicians and local community charlatans make a career out of preying on this issue, but none of that translates to "there's no racism".

We had an exchange some time ago (a bunch of us) about why experience with the police is different for black men, and somebody responded it's because black men commit more crimes. But that general criminal tendency doesn't seem to be expressed in this particular type of crime. Sure, there are 50 murders a day in Chicago, or whatever the number is, and black men are behind a lot of those. But this psychotic and randomly-appearing rampage thing, here at least, does seem to occur more with white guys. I don't have the cause and effect explanation for why that is, but it does seem to be the case.

All I'd say on the matter is, since race does play a part in the life experience of a great many people in the US, it wouldn't be too surprising that, depending on one's circumstances, how that plays out might be different for white men vs. black men, and that may express or manifest itself in the nature of the crimes they tend to commit.

Or it might be entirely random. I wouldn't really know because I don't study these things.
    Read the link that USMC posted.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I've now read (most of) it.

Acknowledging that "dead reckoning" is a dangerous way to evaluate social phenomena, I am struggling to think of random mass murderers over the past twenty years who were black.

I would imagine it's all in the definition of the crime being measured. I would guess that there are many crimes involving the shooting of more than four people committed by black men. But I would also guess that those crimes, while terrible, are of a different stripe than Sandy Hook, Va Tech, Vegas, etc. A gang banger knocking five people out in the South Side of Chicago isn't the same thing as a guy with a successful business going up into a Vegas hotel room and mowing down as many people as he can.

All kinds of people do all kinds of nasty, nasty shit. I'm clear on that. But this random, "get a gun, go to work and shoot up the 7th floor and kill yourself" is its own brand of crime.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Acknowledging that "dead reckoning" is a dangerous way to evaluate social phenomena, I am struggling to think of random mass murderers over the past twenty years who were black.

I would imagine it's all in the definition of the crime being measured. I would guess that there are many crimes involving the shooting of more than four people committed by black men. But I would also guess that those crimes, while terrible, are of a different stripe than Sandy Hook, Va Tech, Vegas, etc. A gang banger knocking five people out in the South Side of Chicago isn't the same thing as a guy with a successful business going up into a Vegas hotel room and mowing down as many people as he can.

All kinds of people do all kinds of nasty, nasty shit. I'm clear on that. But this random, "get a gun, go to work and shoot up the 7th floor and kill yourself" is its own brand of crime.
    https://www.theroot.com/rare-gunmen-black-mass-shooters-1790868358

The guy who shot up the Dallas cops should also be on this list.

There are plenty of black mass shooters.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/crime_police/article_ba12dd42-c68f-11e8-b794-bf6b850bf74d.html
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/crime_police/article_ba12dd42-c68f-11e8-b794-bf6b850bf74d.html
    The Beltway snipers.
  • Options
    USMChawk said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The Beltway snipers.
    Forgot about them. That's true.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    USMChawk said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The Beltway snipers.
    The Root link lists them Colin Ferguson is another.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

I was told that only angry white males engage in mass shootings. Did liberals lie to me Owl?

Who said that Bob?
    Aviva Stahl did. http://www.womensmediacenter.com/news-features/the-christchurch-shooter-fits-the-profile-of-most-mass-shooters-white-and-male

So does saiyda shabazz

https://www.scarymommy.com/white-men-terrorists-are-real-threat-america/
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

USMChawk said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The Beltway snipers.
    The Root link lists them Colin Ferguson is another.
    I'd also forgotten about Clemens. It might be tempting to take that one and put it in another category because the history with the police and black men is loaded, but he was clearly a loon and I'm sure was capable of shooting up any size group of people.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Who said that Bob?
    Aviva Stahl did. http://www.womensmediacenter.com/news-features/the-christchurch-shooter-fits-the-profile-of-most-mass-shooters-white-and-male

So does saiyda shabazz

The two links I already provided as well as the link USMC provided already provided this information but as everyone knows when Hondo ask for a link he doesn't ever read them and he isn't really looking for information.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Awfully quiet for a mass shooting. Why? Doesn't fit the narrative?
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,959
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Exactly. Just like the 50 shootings in Chicago.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Who said that Bob?

So does saiyda shabazz

Woman's media center and scary mommy?

Mike is really digging to the bottom of the barrel.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Born yesterday. Maybe the day before, but no sooner.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Poor Bob. So upset about the persecution of the white male. Has nothing better to do with his life then whine about how the media villanizes white males on a message board.