Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to Chest and Jimmy Cornell

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
it won't work

Vancouverites love the Seahawks and, weirdly, the Ms too. There was a time in the 70s + 80s that the Huskies were very popular as well, however, it's all based on access to American tv channels. In Canada, you get access to the major networks from the US city closest to you - in the case of people in British Columbia it's the Seattle stations for ABC, CBS, NBC, and PBS - those are the channels you get NFL and MLB on.

When the Huskies moved to the regional sports networks it made access to most Husky games impossible in Canada. There is the odd game on ABC, but it's not enough. The introduction of the Pac12 Networks made finding Husky football even more difficult (notwithstanding Vancouverites living in China or Australia, of course). Some Husky games on ESPN will be picked up on one of the two major Canadian sports channels (TSN and Sportsnet), but those channels will always prioritize hockey games first, NBA games second, and blue blood football third, so the odds of a Husky game in Canada are really fucking low...in other words, don't waste your time trying to sell Husky football to Canadians anymore because they can't watch it unless they drive to Bellingham or fly to China.

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Meek said:

it won't work

Vancouverites love the Seahawks and, weirdly, the Ms too. There was a time in the 70s + 80s that the Huskies were very popular as well, however, it's all based on access to American tv channels. In Canada, you get access to the major networks from the US city closest to you - in the case of people in British Columbia it's the Seattle stations for ABC, CBS, NBC, and PBS - those are the channels you get NFL and MLB on.

When the Huskies moved to the regional sports networks it made access to most Husky games impossible in Canada. There is the odd game on ABC, but it's not enough. The introduction of the Pac12 Networks made finding Husky football even more difficult (notwithstanding Vancouverites living in China or Australia, of course). Some Husky games on ESPN will be picked up on one of the two major Canadian sports channels (TSN and Sportsnet), but those channels will always prioritize hockey games first, NBA games second, and blue blood football third, so the odds of a Husky game in Canada are really fucking low...in other words, don't waste your time trying to sell Husky football to Canadians anymore because they can't watch it unless they drive to Bellingham or fly to China.
    Plus Mooselimbs.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited May 2019
    I personally blame Larry Scott #mycommissioner
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    Christ.

I got one sentence into this abortion of whatever it’s supposed to be and was driven to the bottle.

So, all those Blue Jay fans flew from Toronto?

Dooging at its best - carry on
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    That said, Jake Browning sucks
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    CaptainPJ said:

Christ.

I got one sentence into this abortion of whatever it’s supposed to be and was driven to the bottle.

So, all those Blue Jay fans flew from Toronto?

Dooging at its best - carry on

You are clearly a fucking retard.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112
    Meek said:

it won't work

How has no one made a "waving his towel on TV" comment yet?
  • vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 467 Swaye's Wigwam
    Shouldn’t that story be in Chinese?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    The REAL Vancouver is in WASHINGTON!!!

hth
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,523 Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

The REAL Vancouver is in WASHINGTON!!!

hth

Sincerely,

The craft beer and marijuana industry.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,365 Swaye's Wigwam
    Screw you @Meek @GreenRiverGatorz @HuskyJW

I'll be waiting for you at the Timmies on goldstream

We out here but in all honesty meek is pretty dialed in. I watch most games on grandma streams or whatever else is looking good on the reddit college streaming page.

Also the CFL is over there in Van and it's...distracting enough for people to not feel the need to drive down to Seattle for casual entertainment at least.

My dad went to the NCAA hoops tourney last fall to watch the dawgs play a couple games which was apparently quite the hit so there is some connections I guess.

Also dont forget that if there are any NCAA fans around theyre mostly going to be following the juggernaut that is Simon Fraser U. They wont have time to keep tabs on the medical school 3 hours away.

I'm definitely "that guy" thats trying to inform Seahawk "fans" around here about how the huskies and college ball in general is where its at.