Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why can't Pete be more like Dabo?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Dabo signed 38 blue chip recruits in years 3 through 6 of recruiting. Pete inked 41.

I can't handle the ups and downs of recruiting any one teen boi. Drives me nuts and I think we should pass a Constitutional amendment to ban Twitter. But I do enjoy looking at the big picture type numbers.

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    But what was Dabo doing on Twitter the May before he signed those blue chip players? That's the real metric of success!
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I’m not going to take the time to look because I’m on the shitter at work but I’m assuming that, in that same time period, Dabo recruited the offensive and defensive lines way better than Pete and he didn’t have a limp dick, noodle arm QB starting for 4 years.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

NEsnake12 said:

The one difference is that Dabo had a Deshaun Watson as part of that group. And Dabo built an offense designed around Deshaun to maximize his abilities, which won them a natty with a roster that’s similarly talented to UW’s current roster.

Fix the offense.

Skrong agree.

The most important recruiter in our program is Eason. If he's good and we stomp the bitch ass Pac 12 and BONEM, then 'crootin will take care of itself.
    This is a GOOD hot take.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I’m not going to take the time to look because I’m on the shitter at work but I’m assuming that, in that same time period, Dabo recruited the offensive and defensive lines way better than Pete and he didn’t have a limp dick, noodle arm QB starting for 4 years.

Defensive line, absolutely. But they actually haven’t had many elite OL in the Dabo years. Their OL has been solid, but no one player has been a standout besides Mitch Hyatt (All-American but went undrafted.

Obviously that’s changing now that they’re signing anyone that they want
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

NEsnake12 said:

The one difference is that Dabo had a Deshaun Watson as part of that group. And Dabo built an offense designed around Deshaun to maximize his abilities, which won them a natty with a roster that’s similarly talented to UW’s current roster.

Fix the offense.

Skrong agree.

The most important recruiter in our program is Eason. If he's good and we stomp the bitch ass Pac 12 and BONEM, then 'crootin will take care of itself.
    This is a GOOD hot take.
    Not bad for a row boat feeg, eh?
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Fix the offense.

This. Dave Bartoo has formulated you can win on a national level recruiting in the 11-15 area. The key though is to have a transformational QB. Watson was that transformational QB that overcame teams with top 10 talent.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

NEsnake12 said:

Fix the offense.

This. Dave Bartoo has formulated you can win on a national level recruiting in the 11-15 area. The key though is to have a transformational QB. Watson was that transformational QB that overcame teams with top 10 talent.
    What if the top 10 teams with talent also have transformational qb's now?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

whuggy said:

NEsnake12 said:

Fix the offense.

It's a problem no doubt. But as we have seen Trevor Lawrence is still >>> Tua.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Little help: BONEM?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

BEAT OREGON!! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

whuggy said:

NEsnake12 said:

Fix the offense.

Then you're fucked and you wait for Clemson to win their three straight titles before Lawrence leaves.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Closely related to PGDTAS, which is Push Grandma Down The Autzen Stairs
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    You guys know 1st Round DT Dexter Lawrence was suspended and Clemson still absolutely dominated up front so astoundingly that Alabama tried an obvious fake FG from no man’s land when down three scores? Their first points were scored by a 5 star CB, another 5 star CB got their second INT off Tua who had to resort to trying to make plays because of Clemson’s dominant DL/LB controlling the pace of each play. Lawrence got off to a slow start even with Tee Higgins, Amari Rodgers, and HH favorite Hunter Renfrow. Higgins gave Lawrence confidence after a big play, their OL controlled the game despite playing the best DT in football. The first two TDs came on the ground & the third was a catch caught by the same RB who was carving up a Nick Saban defense. It was already 31-16 when freshman Justyn Ross took over the game and made Lawrence look better with two amazing catches & runs. You can have the best QB ever fitting the ball in however you want, you still need guys making plays. Look at Ross’ one handed catch vs ND. AMAZING THROW right? If Ross doesn’t catch it no one is taking about how great a throw it was.

Recruit the best fucking players, 3 fucking deep, at every fucking position, every fucking year. Jimmy Lake should be the standard of recruiting, not the exception. Ikaika Malloe netted the best DL class & best Poly class ever and he didn’t crack the Top10 of recruiters this year. I’ve been watching Tui play since his soph/fresh year & of course I was excited to land the biggest recruit since Shaq, but what makes me even happier is knowing he will be pushed, supported, and backed up by Paama & Bandes.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why can't Dustin Johnson be more like Brooks Koepka?

Because some guys are closers and some guys complete the runner up slam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why can't Dustin Johnson be more like Brooks Koepka?

Because some guys are closers and some guys complete the runner up slam

Can you switch me from Rory to Brooks?