Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Brock Huard joining Fox as college football commentator

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2019
    Good for him, he's one of the best in the business and it's about time he started getting better gigs.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I can't stand listening to him. He throws regular pretentious hissy fits and constant whining. I don't think he liked hitting when playing, which is not good for any football player. Guys that can't take a hit talk too much. So, this is no surprise.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FOX announced last week that they’re going to make their 9AM PT game their featured game each week... so either Big10 or Big12. I imagine that Brock will be on the 2nd FOX team that does a later Pac12 game
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I can't stand listening to him. He throws regular pretentious hissy fits and constant whining. I don't think he liked hitting when playing, which is not good for any football player. Guys that can't take a hit talk too much. So, this is no surprise.

I don't know about the rest of your take, but I agree that he has a whiny, nasally voice. Even when he's saying something insightful he still annoys me.
  • Options

I don't know about the rest of your take, but I agree that he has a whiny, nasally voice. Even when he's saying something insightful he still annoys me.
    Whining sermonizing -- *especially* if the quarterback gets a questionable hit.
  • Options
    TheDawgFan1227TheDawgFan1227 Member Posts: 335
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2019
    I like this guy mostly his soothing voice and respect for smash mouth football.
  • Options

You’re entitled to your opinion. That being said, I hope you burn in hell for all eternity.
    Not necessary to burn in hell -- just listening to Huard's sanctimonious, unbearable whining for even a single game is more than enough torture!

And... your a looser
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I like him but I'm not going to lie he is obnoxious on Twitter and it has made me lose respect for him.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,968
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

At the end of the day I like this move. At the end of the day, he’s a good analyst.

I wish I had 5-10 chincredibles to give this post
  • Options
    Founders Club

You’re entitled to your opinion. That being said, I hope you burn in hell for all eternity.
    Not necessary to burn in hell -- just listening to Huard's sanctimonious, unbearable whining for even a single game is more than enough torture!

And... your a looser
    sanctimonious is the giveaway.... you resent him for being Christian, not for any imagined hissy fits.

cool your jets turbo
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

At the end of the day I like this move. At the end of the day, he’s a good analyst.

I wish I had 5-10 chincredibles to give this post
    You should register an alt army of @Stalin, , @Lenin, @Mao, @Castro, @Bernie etc to do your chin dirty work.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

And... your a looser
    sanctimonious is the giveaway.... you resent him for being Christian, not for any imagined hissy fits.

cool your jets turbo
    Actually, did not know the Christianity issue. "Sanctimonious" can mean any "hypocritical show of righteousness." If you've listened to him, it's an onslaught of unbearable soapboxing, preaching, sanctimonious whining with his strong opinionated judgments about this and that going on on the field. But about religion -- thank GOD there is a mute button. His biggest lectures follow a targeting call on the quarterback.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

I like him but I'm not going to lie he is obnoxious on Twitter and it has made me lose respect for him.

LoL. Is @Gladstone talking about Brock, or your BDTW circle jerk gang?
  • Options
    Founders Club

And... your a looser

cool your jets turbo
    Actually, did not know the Christianity issue. "Sanctimonious" can mean any "hypocritical show of righteousness." If you've listened to him, it's an onslaught of unbearable soapboxing, preaching, sanctimonious whining with his strong opinionated judgments about this and that going on on the field. But about religion -- thank GOD there is a mute button. His biggest lectures follow a targeting call on the quarterback.
    That Dwag won't hunt
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,814

And... your a looser

cool your jets turbo
    Sanctimonious is as veiled as articulate.