Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just watched the 2001 Rose Bowl

CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
That didn’t suck (besides Tui’s pitch late in the 4th).

It definitely was not the “shitty Rose Bowl,” and damn they pounded the ball.

They beat Purdue into fucking submission straight up the gut with a stable of fucking horses.

Beautiful game plan.

FWIW, I saw it on PAC-12 Network and therefore am in Shanghai

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Imagine actually using the TE in your offense
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    My bi-polar ex-stepmom almost ruined this game. Her drunk manic-ass threw a pie in my dads face the night before. Almost ruined the sweet success of a Rose Bowl trophy. Also loved the fact that Benny’s boys beat the Irish 43-9.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

CaptainPJ said:

They beat Purdue into fucking submission straight up the gut with a stable of fucking horses.

Beautiful game plan.

Imagine playing to win from the opening kickoff
    That team had plenty of games where they fucked around before the 4th quarter.
    No shit

Dawgman went crazy every week. You'd think they went 1-10

We even had our annual big comeback against Cal in the last year that we beat Cal before always losing to them
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,984
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    Baseman said:

CaptainPJ said:

Beautiful game plan.

Pretty sure we trailed in the second half every game that season besides Idaho and WSU. Without Tui that team is 6-6.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

CaptainPJ said:

Beautiful game plan.

Pretty sure we trailed in the second half every game that season besides Idaho and WSU. Without Tui that team is 6-6.
    Miami?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

CaptainPJ said:

Beautiful game plan.

Miami?

Miami was almost the opposite
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,984
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Baseman said:

CaptainPJ said:

Beautiful game plan.

Miami?

Miami was almost the opposite
    OK, Miami didn't lead in that. You got me. It was a close game. The point is that the 2000 team was not an opening kickoff bone-crusher and played many down-to-the-wire games, many of which we had to come back in. That was the definition of a second half team.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

I hated the 2000 team in a lot of ways, but mostly because of close games that shouldn't have been close and for losing at Autzen.

Really?

They weren't the best team UW has ever trotted out, by a mile. But those guys had huge heart and provided some really memorable moments: The titanic Miami upset; the Stanford 2-minute drill after Curtis got hurt; clutch Q4s against Cal (Anthony Kelley sack), Colorado (Wilber Hooks, Paul Arnold), Zona (Hurst pirouette), and OSU (Larry MF Tripplett); beating down the Cuog in Pullman (making their RB quit at halftime); dominating the Rose Bowl; and so much Saint Marques.

That season was the most fun I've had in forever. Even the unis looked good. Also, fuck The Seattle Times.
    This

• Options
    Wombat_GuernicaWombat_Guernica Member Posts: 126
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    TTJ said:

I hated the 2000 team in a lot of ways, but mostly because of close games that shouldn't have been close and for losing at Autzen.

Really?

They weren't the best team UW has ever trotted out, by a mile. But those guys had huge heart and provided some really memorable moments: The titanic Miami upset; the Stanford 2-minute drill after Curtis got hurt; clutch Q4s against Cal (Anthony Kelley sack), Colorado (Wilber Hooks, Paul Arnold), Zona (Hurst pirouette), and OSU (Larry MF Tripplett); beating down the Cuog in Pullman (making their RB quit at halftime); dominating the Rose Bowl; and so much Saint Marques.

That season was the most fun I've had in forever. Even the unis looked good. Also, fuck The Seattle Times.
    That was actually the most fun season - including the natty in '91 - in my life to this point. That team was not nearly as good as the '91 team... but they were winners and would not settle or fold like pussies. You knew they were going to find a way...