Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coaches on the Road (Week of 5.6.19)

DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Now that spring practices are over, UW actually starts recruiting again! We'll find out soon how big of a hole they've dug themselves in with some guys, (insert @LaMichael_Corleone longingly looking at a framed picture of Joe Ngata), but as of now we at least have an itinerary. As requested by @Swaye, I've broken each down a bit to highlight some guys we should expect the coaches to be visiting. Do note, coaches will be checking in with guys already committed/offered as well as many who haven't been offered yet as we anticipate the end of spring offer dump that happens every year. Additionally, some coaches are spending significant time in their primary recruiting regions too, so there will be some general multi-position visits and check-ins with their high school contacts in the area too.

Use this thread to post any additional info that is pertinent to coaches visits this week (unique follows, high school check-in posts, photos, etc.)

Have to imagine the highlights of the Texas and Utah trips are to see recently offered DLs Princely Umamelien & Xavier Carlton respectively. In Texas, I wonder if Malloe will also check-in to Tompkins High School where '21 DL Tunmise Adeleye attends, Kwat and Malloe have recently followed him. While in Utah, DL Van Fillinger & Waisale Muavesi are also likely to be visited, as is a trip to Orem ('21 OL Kingsley Suamataia & '21 OLB Jayden Ah You (both related to Miki Ah You)) and East High School per usual. Idaho is your best guess, maybe he's the one doing the check in on commit OL Gaard Memmelaar this time and possible that he also visits another Ah You, S Miki Ikaika Ah You (seriously). If ya'll idiots still haven't realized how important getting Miki to UW was, the Ah You's and extended family are everywhere.

Definitely visited Sawyer Racanelli while in Oregon/Greater Portland area. Also believed he checked in at the Team Lillard (Adidas 7v7/AAU training facility), Adams is taking over primary contact with them and we will definitely hear a lot more moving forward. In Texas, I imagine he is visiting recent follows WRs Lawrence Arnold & Chris Carpenter. And then I'd bet it's a SoCal trip to see WRs Johnny Wilson, LV Bunkley-Shelton & Bosco boys (Logan Loya & '21 Beaux Collins), and a NorCal visit to WR Jalen McMillan. Also interesting to note, Junior followed a trio of Florida '21 & '22 kids a few weeks, something to keep on the back burner.

He visited Ferndale before OL Geirean Hatchett took off for his Oklahoma OV, also saw OL Caadyn Stephen again too at Camas. Then off to Arizona to put in work for four days. Imagine he's doing the full circuit as this is his recruiting region and he's been extremely successful down there. For visits, obviously OL Tosh Baker and Noah Nelson as well as OL Jonah Miller, Brandon Hernandez & Jaylan Jeffers as a non-offers. Sure he'll visit Saguaro, Salpointe Catholic and Chandler High School as well.

Harris get the Texas swing. The fact that he rarely recruits LA really drives me crazy, but he's checking in on recent OU commit DB Ryan Watts and our other Texas offered DB Xavion Alford. A couple other 2020 regional guys that we haven't offered but Harris has started following in the past month is TEs Drake Dabney & Jalin Conyer , WR/DB Chris Carpenter (mentioned under Adams too), and DB Kavaris Hall. Also of note some more big time underclassmen that Harris has recently started tracking are '21 OLB Cullin Montgomery & '22 WR/DB Caleb Burton. Everything in Texas is really suspect and hard to track, not much twitter interaction from kids and we continue to spend a lot of resources doing scatter-shot offers out there. Someday, I might understand the point in UW's Texas strategy but not today!

The only day in Arizona is for RB Bijan Robinson who we're back in on after his visit last week (God bless you Sam Huard). There's momentum there so I'm hopeful to see if we can keep the ball rolling as it appears like it's gonna be a UW/UCLA battle for the most part moving forward, but we're talking about Bonerpop so who knows. The Cali dates could be pretty much anyone we've offered in the Inland Empire or greater LA area. I imagine either him or Jimmy be the one to hit up Indio to see DL Jake Shipley on his way to Arizona. And it's likely Boner will do some pairing up with Gregory, Kwat and Hamden at times during their overlapping California dates.

The Texas trip could be to see some of the TEs I mentioned in Harris' section Drake Dabney & Jalin Conyer. During his California dates he'll definately visit TE Mark Redman & TE Ben Yurosek in addition to yet to be offered TEs Jack Yary & Jake Overman. He's the only one visiting Colorado so I think he'll check-in to see OL Roger Rosengarten who visited us recently too and yet to be offered TE Kole Taylor.

The extra day in Washington is interesting. Not sure if there is a specific who or just more time doing check-ins with high school contacts. With all the LBs we've offered that have committed elsewhere, or removed us from consideration recently Gregory has a lot of work to do. I'll be tracking the status on LB Carson Bruener more closely. In California, hopefully LB Kourt Williams gets a visit, and I'd like to see a group visit or multiple visits over the course of the week by coaches to Bosco. We need to keep a strong foothold there and keep building on the in-roads we've accrued there over the past 18 months. Also LOL, but Gregory also has to get a LS this year, so the kid from Servite, Jake Garcia who visited us in the fall will probably get a check-in during this period too.

Another tripper out to Texas. He'll probably see DL Princely Umamelien with Malloe. I expect him to try to see if OLB Drew Sanders, who committed to Alabama after visiting there over the weekend and was originally going to visit us that weekend instead, is still interested. Also recently followed OLB Cooper McDonald two days ago, so makes sense to think he's planning on visiting him too. In California, I expect him to go out to Orange Vista again to see DEs Ethan Saunders & Dion Wilson Jr.

So Bush will see QB Ethan Garbers and thus also see TE Mark Redman and Stanford WR commit John Humphrey. After that it's really your best guess. I don't know if he's going to be tasked with more WR help or what, or if he's still seriously recruiting any other QBs in the 2020 & 21 classes. He might also get the Folsom trip to see RB Daniyel Ngata, but could also be Adams or Boner who does that one. Ultimately, I'll be curious to see what he's doing this week.

Jimmy has pretty clear targets. In California, recently offered DB Elijah Jackson and his Lawndale DB teammate Makell Esteen are priorities and sure to draw a visit. In Arizona, something's gotta give with DBs Kelee Ringo and Lathan Ransom. Two kids we've lost a lot of ground on since February, if we're going to seriously get back in it, it's got to happen now. Keep an eye out for Kelee's teammate DB Jacobe Covington too, sounds like there is some gaining interest there. I'm sure Lake will be visiting a bunch of other defensive recruits during this time, as well as kissing babies at a lot of the powerhouse schools in LA and Arizona.

That's all I got folks, I'm 81% confident in what I've talked about. If anyone is inspired to do links to threads or 247 pages for any of these guys, have at it.

Comments