Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OKG Counterstrike

DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited May 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Domicillo said:
    Most of the players in that video were Sark recruits. How many of Pete’s signees would lead—or even partake in—such a display in the current locker room?

*Hint: Three. Max.
    Without Sid this video doesn’t exist
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I love it! Go dawgs!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    guntlove said:

"Recruiting showmanship" (Paopao's words) and player development are not fucking mutually exclusive!! Fuck. Both can exist in the same program at the same time. This relentless blue collar shit is tiresome. If you can't reach kids, relate to them, get them excited... it doesn't matter what NFL stats you put into your neat little OKG powerpoint presentation. It's about sales. This is just Pete doubling down on the same old shit. What is he doing about the Sa'vell situation? What the fuck is he doing about the very real perception out there (fair or not) that his OKG program doesn't fit with a lot black recruits?

If Pete really believes in the culture he's created... if he's so certain of the coaches he's handpicked and the players he's meticulously scouted.... then why the fuck could he not take a couple of fliers per year on kids that are incredibly talented but maybe don't check every one of the OKG boxes?? If his culture and buy-in is as strong as he claims it is, then these kids will buy into it. Avoiding any risk, even calculated risk, to me shows that he's not 100% confident in his own culture - if he was, there wouldn't be anything to worry about.

FOUR coaches on this staff, including our? recruiting coordinator, are significantly below average recruiters.... Bonerpha, Paopao, Gregory, and Kwatkawski. We're getting fucking destroyed in recruiting this year... it's time to adjust the tactics and the message a little.

Fuck-can Bonerpha, Paopao, and Gregory and bring some dudes in here who can coach AND recruit... and just for five fucking minutes stop talking about how hard it is, how much you have to grind, how you'll work harder than you've ever worked etc, etc, e-fucking-t-fucking-c. It's recruiting... chill the fuck out and have a little fun with it.

B)
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2019
    so uw football is pro melanin?
    Baseman said:

Domicillo said:
    Most of the players in that video were Sark recruits. How many of Pete’s signees would lead—or even partake in—such a display in the current locker room?

That is why they need a mix of both like in 2016. That is some tribal dancing right there that creates greater team cohesion. There is probably some good literature out there about group mind and drum circles or some shit for Pete's intellectual boner to digest.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,258
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    guntlove said:

"Recruiting showmanship" (Paopao's words) and player development are not fucking mutually exclusive!! Fuck. Both can exist in the same program at the same time. This relentless blue collar shit is tiresome. If you can't reach kids, relate to them, get them excited... it doesn't matter what NFL stats you put into your neat little OKG powerpoint presentation. It's about sales. This is just Pete doubling down on the same old shit. What is he doing about the Sa'vell situation? What the fuck is he doing about the very real perception out there (fair or not) that his OKG program doesn't fit with a lot black recruits?

If Pete really believes in the culture he's created... if he's so certain of the coaches he's handpicked and the players he's meticulously scouted.... then why the fuck could he not take a couple of fliers per year on kids that are incredibly talented but maybe don't check every one of the OKG boxes?? If his culture and buy-in is as strong as he claims it is, then these kids will buy into it. Avoiding any risk, even calculated risk, to me shows that he's not 100% confident in his own culture - if he was, there wouldn't be anything to worry about.

FOUR coaches on this staff, including our? recruiting coordinator, are significantly below average recruiters.... Bonerpha, Paopao, Gregory, and Kwatkawski. We're getting fucking destroyed in recruiting this year... it's time to adjust the tactics and the message a little.

Fuck-can Bonerpha, Paopao, and Gregory and bring some dudes in here who can coach AND recruit... and just for five fucking minutes stop talking about how hard it is, how much you have to grind, how you'll work harder than you've ever worked etc, etc, e-fucking-t-fucking-c. It's recruiting... chill the fuck out and have a little fun with it.

Bless you, sir
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Greg Lewis on Doogman:

Some people may be taking my comments too far. I know Sonic1993 has his perspective on Savell Smalls and what happened in his recruitment. My agreement with him was simply that some folks were trying to persuade him that UW's style did not fit him.

At no point did I say a bunch of people were being turned off by OKG. My comments were specific to one situation. As a matter of fact, I helped introduce 5 highly recruited kids who's families I have a long standing relationship with, including 1 this year, to the UW program. By far our way of producing great men on and off the field has been the biggest draw to UW.

Somehow some have taken my comments and turned them into me saying it has created a problem in recruiting. Just the opposite, it is what most parents and kids love about our staff and program. This is one situation. I said in my comments that I would love for my kid to have an opportunity to play for these coaches in this program. We stand out because of the way we groom our Dawgs both on and off the field. I connected a mom who I grew up with 3 years ago who had a son who was a big time RB out of Texas. They were blown away by the Built for Life presentation. We went from not on their list to being their co top school. We literally lost him on a coin toss.

There are 2 people who are close to this current recruit who have been not so positive about UW because of their own axe to grind. The hints I gave in my original post was not about schools but individuals connected to those schools. Now there was some direct nega recruiting on top of this done down in Oregon. Mainly a couple kids and some sort of stats pointed out by staff but the seeds had been planted by two people he is close to.

I love Built for Life and the REAL MEANING of OKG, Elite football players who want to be great in all aspects of life and are willing to work hard to get it! If some don't get it or choose something else, so be it, Their LOSS.

Here was his original comment that he referenced:

I can tell you guys that Sonic is giving you pretty good info. I can't say that Savell feels OKG is racist but he is definitely questioning if it is for him. It is a tactic that Oregon is using but there are others in his ear pushing this rhetoric as well. Think Tallahassee and small school in midwest connections that are close to Smalls
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,572
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The house that Sark built
  • Options
    TheDozerTheDozer Member Posts: 100
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Greg Lewis on Doogman:

Somehow some have taken my comments and turned them into me saying it has created a problem in recruiting. Just the opposite, it is what most parents and kids love about our staff and program. This is one situation. I said in my comments that I would love for my kid to have an opportunity to play for these coaches in this program. We stand out because of the way we groom our Dawgs both on and off the field. I connected a mom who I grew up with 3 years ago who had a son who was a big time RB out of Texas. They were blown away by the Built for Life presentation. We went from not on their list to being their co top school. We literally lost him on a coin toss.

Pics?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,814
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

so uw football is pro melanin?

Baseman said:

Domicillo said:

That is why they need a mix of both like in 2016. That is some tribal dancing right there that creates greater team cohesion. There is probably some good literature out there about group mind and drum circles or some shit for Pete's intellectual boner to digest.
    WTF for tribal dancing.

Chin for dickmans intellectual boner. 🤣