Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Metal music is making people do bad stuff again

2»

Comments

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Night Prowler is the original serial killer anthem.

Buy Highway to Hell, leave an AC/DC hat in the trunk, and blame all the murders on the music. Solid defense.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,550
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Night Prowler is the original serial killer anthem.

Buy Highway to Hell, leave an MAGA hat in the trunk, and blame all the murders on the music. Solid defense.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2019
    Did we ever find out who Holden is? Is he an Orthodox Jew?
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,003
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Holden Morrisey Caulfield is a fictional character in author J. D. Salinger's 1951 novel The Catcher in the Rye. Since the book's publication, Holden has become an icon for teenage rebellion and angst, and now stands among the most important characters of 20th-century American literature. The name Holden Caulfield was used in an unpublished short story written in 1942 and first appeared in print in 1945.

Although it has been conjectured that J. D. Salinger got the name for Holden Caulfield in The Catcher in the Rye when he saw a marquee for the 1947 film Dear Ruth, starring William Holden and Joan Caulfield,[1] Salinger's first Holden Caulfield story, "I'm Crazy," appeared in Collier's on December 22, 1945, a year and a half before this movie was released.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,554
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Alexis said:

Swaye said:

Holden Morrisey Caulfield is a fictional character in author J. D. Salinger's 1951 novel The Catcher in the Rye. Since the book's publication, Holden has become an icon for teenage rebellion and angst, and now stands among the most important characters of 20th-century American literature. The name Holden Caulfield was used in an unpublished short story written in 1942 and first appeared in print in 1945.

Although it has been conjectured that J. D. Salinger got the name for Holden Caulfield in The Catcher in the Rye when he saw a marquee for the 1947 film Dear Ruth, starring William Holden and Joan Caulfield,[1] Salinger's first Holden Caulfield story, "I'm Crazy," appeared in Collier's on December 22, 1945, a year and a half before this movie was released.
    PGOS read “art of the deal.”
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Alexis said:

Swaye said:

PGOS read “art of the deal.”
    Did I?
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

ramenduck said:

FFS, don't name your kid Holden. No one is impressed that you read a 200-page book, and he will probably kill someone.
    Blood Meridian? Lmfao
    Holy fuck you are an imbecile.
    Yeah, blood meridian. That “Holden.”
    Sorry I don't know every fine piece of literature with some dude named Holden like your enlightened self.
    Some dude named Holden?

What “fine” literature do you know? You’re smart and stuff, right?
    Well partner, I once read "The Art of the Deal" by President Donald John Trump.
    PGOS says he read “art of the deal.” I’m beginning to have my doubts.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

ramenduck said:

FFS, don't name your kid Holden. No one is impressed that you read a 200-page book, and he will probably kill someone.
    Blood Meridian? Lmfao
    Holy fuck you are an imbecile.
    Yeah, blood meridian. That “Holden.”
    Sorry I don't know every fine piece of literature with some dude named Holden like your enlightened self.
    Some dude named Holden?

What “fine” literature do you know? You’re smart and stuff, right?
    Well partner, I once read "The Art of the Deal" by President Donald John Trump.
    PGOS says he read “art of the deal.” I’m beginning to have my doubts.
    Youre a fucking idiot