Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why hate on Nussmeier?

2»

Comments

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    dnc said:

dnc said:

First choice is a proven HC. If none available you look to highly regarded coordinators.

Nussmeier seems like a good back up plan.

So Mora and Peterson are the only proven HCs?

Mid major coaches are not proven.
    Agreed, but that was the poont. Aubs said first choice is a proven hc, if none available you go coordinator. He also said if no Mora or Peterson go coordinator. So to him, only two proven hcs are Mora and Peterson.

I know you don't think Peterson is proven. I just want it to be clear to Auburn and anyone else that he isn't.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,726 Swaye's Wigwam
    Successful BCS coaches also do not mind considerable raises, soft schedules, beautiful new stadiums, and fan bases/administrations with relatively low expectations...
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    edited December 2013
    Fuck KJR - we LIKE that he left.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    Are you fucking kidding me Aubs? Nuss would be an epic case of rolling over and pissing on ourselves. Sarkisian was a bad choice coming off of the Ty era. Hiring Nuss now would be a failure on a completely different level coming off of a period of relative success with a solid roster, and a new stadium. This was a decent opportunity for a coach in 2008, but it should be a premier job now. It's the AD's job to make it too good to pass up and get the best possible, surest possible thing not a guy who would amount to a roll of the dice.

This all skips over the fact that Nuss has virtually zero recruiting pull out here right now and no coaching tree to lean on. UW can't afford a complete flop with the 2014 signing class. A mediocre hire like him would assure that and make it an uphill battle to get back in it for 2015.

No...no fucking Nuss, please. Jesus I'm fucking nervous it's going to be him.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club

Fuck hiring an experiment. This is a good/great job. He don't have to stoop to hiring a learning on the job assistant.

There are always choices if you have something to offer....UW does.

Couldn't agree more. Next to USC, the UW job is arguably the best on the West Coast right now. The time is right for aiming high again, screw going after another assistant coach.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

How many successful BCS coaches want to leave their current job?

Your choices are more limited than some of you think.

They're a lot more abundant than you think.

Fuck Aubs, you pretend like you're the most old school UW arrogance poaster on this damn site but when the chips are actually down you think Mora is the only proven BCS HC we have a shot at?

I miss AUBURNDAWG, dammit.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Auburndoog has reached Auburndoog territory in this thread.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Fuck hiring an experiment. This is a good/great job. He don't have to stoop to hiring a learning on the job assistant.

Mark Helfrich doesn't approve of this message.
  • Fuck hiring an experiment. This is a good/great job. He don't have to stoop to hiring a learning on the job assistant.

There are always choices if you have something to offer....UW does.

Couldn't agree more. Next to USC, the UW job is arguably the best on the West Coast right now. The time is right for aiming high again, screw going after another assistant coach.

One of my idiot Doog friends said USC, Oregon, Stanford, ASU and UCLA are all way ahead of UW for best jobs.

This was after I said Sark should go when he stated "Who would you hire?". I was like money talks and bullshit walks.