Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Old Pulteney and steelhead

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited March 2019
    PurpleJ said:

I'll whoop both your soft asses and put your head on top of the Tacoma Dome flagpole. Bitch.

Do you know @StrongArmCobra ?

#akastronghaie
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,461
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

I'll whoop both your soft asses and put your head on top of the Tacoma Dome flagpole. Bitch.

Do you know @StrongArmCobra ?

#akastronghaie
    No, but I'd fuck that bitch up too then taxidermy his corpse and mount it on my bathroom wall so I can laugh at him while I take a shit.
  • Options
    dflea said:

Going for the triple shit poast here. But forgot to mention that after driving by all the homesteads of the Grays Harbor dirtheads maybe I wouldn’t want to meet @creepycoug at 7-11 after all.

I'd just have to get inside that reach Yella. Then it's all bidness.

But then again, all you'd have to do is Larry Holmes jab all day and you'd beat my handsome face to a pulp.

As a middle aged 5'10" guy who sits on his brains all day, I'll just concede to the younger Yella rowboat. Anybody who can make a varsity boat at Washington Damn It! is probably someone I don't want to tangle wit unless they're in their 70s.

Glad you guys hooked up and had a good tim.

Yella was asking about crossing the Queets. I told him it looked to me like he was good crossing anything under about 7 feet deep. If he stood at the right angle, he'd block out the sun..............but you only had to move about 4 inches to either side to avoid the blockage. If you met up with Yella at 7-11, he'd hit you from all the way across the parking lot when you got out of your rig. He fished the far side of the Queets just by reaching out there.

We avoided the whole harbor area by taking the crossover bridge on the Wynoochee and crossing the renowned Wishkah River. The harbor is just trouble. You'll either get beat up or get a ticket, so I tend to avoid the area. We decided creep couldn't be some Nancy-ass if he grew up brown in the harbor. We also decided that since he's lost two Apple Cup bets in a row, that he should cut his losses instead of descend further into debt and go fishing with me and Yella - and bring the scotch and drive and cover any other miscellaneous expenses that might be incurred during the trip. I'd consider it square.

Yella also wears the classic purple with gold W fishing hat, and the classic Simms Guideweight waders. Loved it. He's shifty, though, so this is the only photo I got of him.

That is fucking awesome. I will have to settle up those bets. This is tempting.

Yeah ... I don't think fucking around with Yella would be good for my health. I also can't imagine he has too much 7-11 practice because (1) he's big and (2) he has adequate amounts of comportment. Probably the most stable person poasting at HCH.

Sounds like you guysm had a good tim. Even if you pussied out of going through the Harb.
  • Options

dflea said:

Wood
    Mother Nature on the OP is the shit. You know a river is skrong when it’s washing old growth trees out to sea.
    I was gonna say ... that looks likes big timber leaning into the water
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,105
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

I heard that Yella was looking to catch himself a steelhead, so we rolled up to the Queets yesterday in search of the elusive sea-run rainbows.

We beat the water pretty thoroughly, and wound up scratching up one really hard-fighting hen that looked to be in the 12-13 lb range. Queets steelhead are 5-star caliber fish, the Sav'ell Smalls of steelhead if you will. The weather and scenery were nearly perfect, and Yella is a really good guy to spend a day on the river with.

When we got back to the truck, he busted out a bottle of Old Pulteney single malt. We had a couple pulls off the bottle, and savored a bit of Olympic National Park before heading back to the shit show of Pugetropolis. When Yella bailed, he refused to take the rest of the scotch with him, so I'm just waiting until noon today to dip back into it.

Thanks for joining me, Yella. We'll find you a steelhead. They can't avoid you forever.

I thought a Queet was a pussy fart
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,852
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

dflea said:

Wood
    Mother Nature on the OP is the shit. You know a river is skrong when it’s washing old growth trees out to sea.
    Are we talking about the logs or Yella's manhood? I like it either way.
    Nothing speshial.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm like a crack head when I catch steelhead. I'm heading back up there to find more fish this weekend. I'll probably stop on the way and dig some razor clams, too.

Clam fritters and eggs for breakfast on Sunday if shit goes according to plan.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2019
    dflea said:

I'm like a crack head when I catch steelhead. I'm heading back up there to find more fish this weekend. I'll probably stop on the way and dig some razor clams, too.

Clam fritters and eggs for breakfast on Sunday if shit goes according to plan.

If it was an hr from my house instead of 3, I'd cum join you in the woods. I've only got so much political capital in the bank.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

dflea said:

Wood
    Like any great artist, I like to leave these things up to interpretation.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

dflea said:

Wood
    Like any great artist, I like to leave these things up to interpretation.
    @creepycoug I'm pleased you've started to poast moar in the shoppe. You'll fine this is a space where most everyone is a gentleman and a scholar w/o monkeys throwing shit at each other like some of the other boreds.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Appreciate the shout out Yella.

But, you do not come to HCH and talk to a poaster like RaceBannon like that! Even if I was banging cocktail waitresses two at time!

No one respecks the Godfather of our movement @RaceBannon more than me even if we only agree 70% of the time and don't like to admit it in public.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

But, you do not come to HCH and talk to a poaster like RaceBannon like that! Even if I was banging cocktail waitresses two at time!

No one respecks the Godfather of our movement @RaceBannon more than me even if we only agree 70% of the time and don't like to admit it in public.
    Yella, Yella, Yella, Yella. I wanna be reasonable with you. Now, why don't you stay here with us in the shope. You can live here on the forum with your tall wife and tall kids. You won't be deprived of anything and you can have everything you want. Now -- I don't know this Racebannon -- I don't know what he does -- I don't know what he lives on.

Now why don't you tell him that your comradeship is out of the question, and you don't want to see him anymore. Now he'll understand, believe me.

If you don't listen to me -- and continue your relationship with this man -- you'll disappoint me.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yella, Yella, Yella, Yella. I wanna be reasonable with you. Now, why don't you stay here with us in the shope. You can live here on the forum with your tall wife and tall kids. You won't be deprived of anything and you can have everything you want. Now -- I don't know this Racebannon -- I don't know what he does -- I don't know what he lives on.

Now why don't you tell him that your comradeship is out of the question, and you don't want to see him anymore. Now he'll understand, believe me.

If you don't listen to me -- and continue your relationship with this man -- you'll disappoint me.

I do kinda look like Merle in real life.