Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why has nobody tweeted this link @Savvy yet?

Jon Winer quotes a NFL Network analyst gushing about the talent development at Washington on display at the Combine:

“I continue to be impressed with Chris Petersen and the Washington program. When you look at the job that he’s done of identifying players and developing players and pushing them out, it seems like every year they continue to do it.

“You look at the secondary, all the guys they’ve had picked over the last several years. They’ve got another one coming up in (cornerback) Byron Murphy who’s got a chance to be a first-round pick. He’s very, very instinctive, great ball skills, he’s tough. I don’t think he’s going to run as fast as some of the other corners they’ve had in recent years, and that maybe will drop him into the second round, but that’s somebody that I’m a big fan of.

Taylor Rapp, the safety from Washington — again, I keep using the same words, but instinctive. They do a great job there of identifying really natural, instinctive football players, and Taylor Rapp is somebody who doesn’t miss tackles. He can play a variety of positions. You can play him as a nickelback or he could play a little bit over the slot if you wanted him to. He could be a high safety, could be a force player. He’s just a really, really good player.

“And then Kaleb McGary is another one, the big tackle there at Washington, who’s played on the right side. If you sort through the medical stuff there — he’s had a heart issue — but he’s almost 6’7”, 320 pounds. He’s quick, he’s strong, he’s tough. There is a lot to work with with him. To me when I watch him, he reminds me a little bit of (Andrew) Whitworth watching him at LSU where you kind of envision and you maybe could see where that was going with him. To me, McGary is somebody that has that type of upside and ability.

“In terms of the conference as a whole, just been really, really impressed with that group and what they’ve done up there at that school.”

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/02/28/nfl-combine-top-storylines-for-pac-12-participants/

Comments

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment