Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

For my Dan Carlin Guys...

2»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,903
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2019
    Fucking fuck. I want my Supernova in the East damn it.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Dan is on with Mike Rowe's pod for 2 hours plus. High recommend even though it mostly bullshitting betwixt two interesting guysm.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

@GrundleStiltzkin check out the addendum pod with Max Hastings about Vietnam. Hastings is the finest historian of our tim.

Way late. But I read his book about WW2 ("Armageddon," I think??) a few years back. Great, great read. Put's everything Ambrose wrote in a much more realistic and less heroic context.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,903
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

@GrundleStiltzkin check out the addendum pod with Max Hastings about Vietnam. Hastings is the finest historian of our tim.

Way late. But I read his book about WW2 ("Armageddon," I think??) a few years back. Great, great read. Put's everything Ambrose wrote in a much more realistic and less heroic context.
    Yes, Armageddon, is a great history of the end of the war.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2022

Yes, Armageddon, is a great history of the end of the war.
    I loved how he portrayed Montgomery as the pompous ass he in fact was.

Reminded me of other stories of British troops getting lost in the deserts of the Middle East, dying of starvation and dehydration in WW1, in another great book, "A Peace to End All Peace." The obsession with rules, orders and rank paralyzed the Brits to the point of causing needless deaths.

Centuries of using commonwealth bodies as cannon fodder will do that to a military.