Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anyone watch Puka film?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited February 2019
    After watching his film today I think he is elite at high-pointing the ball and that stands out most on his tape. It looks like he is plenty fast, but not a burner and shifty, but more of a one move and go type of WR. I don't know if I see the Golden Tate comparison because their frames are pretty different and the way they attack defenders after catching is fairly different too. I see some Stegon Diggs in his game.

Stefon Diggs (at NFL combine): 6'0", 195 lbs, 4.46 forty, 35 inch vert, 4.32 shuttle.
    Puka: 6'.5", 196 lbs, 4.57 forty, 35.8 inch vert, 4.36 shuttle.

Diggs is known as one of the best tight-window WRs in the league and is pretty good at high pointing the ball for a 6'0" WR. He has a step on Puka in terms of quickness, but once Socha gets ahold of him watch out.

Dante Pettis is honestly a pretty good comparison too, but that is a little boring. Both have a similar height, weight, and look similar after the catch. Pettis had a 41" vert at the UW combine. He's probably better at high pointing than we even know since Browning was throwing to him.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

dawgs206 said:

After watching his film today I think he is elite at high-pointing the ball and that stands out most on his tape. It looks like he is plenty fast, but not a burner and shifty, but more of a one move and go type of WR. I don't know if I see the Golden Tate comparison because their frames are pretty different and the way they attack defenders after catching is fairly different too. I see some Stegon Diggs in his game.

Stefon Diggs (at NFL combine): 6'0", 195 lbs, 4.46 forty, 35 inch vert, 4.32 shuttle.

Diggs is known as one of the best tight-window WRs in the league and is pretty good at high pointing the ball for a 6'0" WR. He has a step on Puka in terms of quickness, but once Socha gets ahold of him watch out.

Dante Pettis is honestly a pretty good comparison too, but that is a little boring. Both have a similar height, weight, and look similar after the catch. Pettis had a 41" vert at the UW combine. He's probably better at high pointing than we even know since Browning was throwing to him.

The Tate comp is because he's both elusive and physical after the catch in addition to being the leaper who goes up and gets balls in the air despite not being especially tall.

He's definitely not as thick as Tate.
    Makes sense. I don't think Puka is quite as physical, but I've only watched a few highlights. Tate can bounce off players better than most, but his compact size likely helps a bit with that.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dawgs206 said:

Tbf, while Diggs has a similar build and quickness to Puka, and Puka has the potential to be an elite route runner like Diggs down the line, the main reason Diggs is elite at high-pointing and making catches in traffic in the league is because he has hands the size of frying pans.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dawgs206 said:

Tbf, while Diggs has a similar build and quickness to Puka, and Puka has the potential to be an elite route runner like Diggs down the line, the main reason Diggs is elite at high-pointing and making catches in traffic in the league is because he has hands the size of frying pans.
    Not only he punishes defensive backs but he punishes the ladies too