Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ACC West

DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Recruiting Analysis of Clemson West's Trajectory vs Clemson East's Trajectory.

Trigger warning for @Swaye , I used the composite scores because I am comparing against Clemson and I was not going to work that hard to find out their 247 Blue Chips vs Composite Blue Chips.

Washington Recruiting:

2015 Recruiting Class - 26th in Country - 5 Four Stars - 18 Three Stars - 85.77 Average Composite - 5 Blue Chip

2016 Recruiting Class - 29th in Country - 7 Four Stars - 10 Three Stars - 87.42 Average Composite - 7 Blue Chip

2017 Recruiting Class - 22nd in Country - 9 Four Stars - 9 Three Stars - 88.45 Average Composite - 9 Blue Chip

2018 Recruiting Class - 16th in Country - 10 Four Stars - 10 Three Stars - 90.21 Average Composite - 10 Blue Chip

2019 Recruiting Class - 16th in Country - 15 Four Stars - 8 Three Stars - 90.10 Average Composite - 15 Blue Chip

For @Swaye , this class is actually rated 11th in the Country by 247 and has 16 Blue Chips when Cam Williams is added as a Four Star.

Clemson Recruiting:

2009 Recruiting Class - 36th in Country - 6 Four Stars - 7 Three Stars - 89.91 Average Composite - 6 Blue Chip

2010 Recruiting Class - 27th in Country - 6 Four Stars - 15 Three Stars - 85.94 Average Composite - 6 Blue Chip

2011 Recruiting Class - 10th in Country - 3 Five Stars - 6 Four Stars - 20 Three Stars - 87.17 Average Composite - 9 Blue Chip

2012 Recruiting Class - 20th in Country - 10 Four Stars - 10 Three Stars - 89.03 Average Composite - 10 Blue Chip

2013 Recruiting Class - 15th in Country - 1 Five Star - 10 Four Stars - 11 Three Stars - 88.46 Average Composite - 11 Blue Chip

2014 Recruiting Class - 16th in Country - 10 Four Stars - 9 Three Stars - 88.69 Average Composite - 10 Blue Chip

2015 Recruiting Class - 9th in Country - 3 Five Stars - 9 Four Stars - 12 Three Stars - 89.12 Average Composite - 12 Blue Chip

2016 Recruiting Class - 11th in Country - 1 Five Star - 11 Four Stars - 8 Three Stars - 90.30 Average Composite - 12 Blue Chip

2017 Recruiting Class - 16th in Country - 2 Five Stars - 8 Four Stars - 4 Three Stars - 92.10 Average Composite - 10 Blue Chip

2018 Recruiting Class - 7th in Country - 5 Five Stars - 7 Four Stars - 5 Three Stars - 93.45 Average Composite - 12 Blue Chip

2019 Recruiting Class - 10th in Country - 1 Five Stars - 12 Four Stars - 15 Three Stars - 89.76 Average Composite - 13 Blue Chip

For @Swaye , this is actually rated 15th in the Country by 247.

Through 5 full classes, Pete is on the exact trajectory (in fact a quite a bit better in year 5) in regards to level of recruiting that Dabo was on through 5 full classes. Stacking double digit Blue Chip classes is the current level. Next level is landing Five Stars (which 2020 and 2021 match up well with for UW).

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
  • Options
    @Domicillo @Swaye

Pin this shit puhleeeze
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Hey faggot stop using composite like a bitch!
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Southern recruits are better than west coast recruits, and the southern are predominantly full black, not half. So imo, the comparison doesn’t play out well for us.

Peace
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Hey faggot stop using composite like a bitch!

I gave Swaye what he wanted which was current 247 stars and power rankings as an addendum.

If you would like to click on Clemson’s classes and find out who was a four star and who wasn’t according to 247, go right ahead you little cunt. I’d be glad to see you do some work.

Until then:

I’d rather do that the majority of my assignments not gunna lie.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    vadawg said:

Southern recruits are better than west coast recruits, and the southern are predominantly full black, not half. So imo, the comparison doesn’t play out well for us.

Peace

WTF are you talking about?

If you look at NFL draft results vs. recruiting rankings recruits from the Southeast are consistently OVERRATED compared to recruits from the West.

Which is obvious when you look at the amount of resources these companies put into scouting the Southeast compared to the West and when you consider where most of their customers and $$$ are coming from.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

vadawg said:

Peace

If we're going to argue demographics, when it comes to football Poly >>> black.

hth
    And it's not close.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Domicillo said:

Don't remember who/where they asked for this, but here's the link to the 247 only rankings. https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/TeamRankings/

You can also just remove the word "Composite" from the url when viewing the composite team rankings and end up on the above linked page. Why 247 doesn't have a single feature on their own website that directly links to this active page promoting their own rankings, is one of the many things that are incredibly asinine about this company.

Thank you for finding this, I was curious

What's important:

UW Avg. 90.7
    Oregon Avg. 90.04

And by 247 we are 7th!!! in the country in avg. Player rating
    I think both are helpful. I like to use the composite for broader looks at recruiting as it goes on, plus it updates more frequently since it's managing three dynamic inputs. But I always like to qualify deeper analysis into our numbers with the 247 rankings/ratings.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Don't remember who/where they asked for this, but here's the link to the 247 only rankings. https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/TeamRankings/

You can also just remove the word "Composite" from the url when viewing the composite team rankings and end up on the above linked page. Why 247 doesn't have a single feature on their own website that directly links to this active page promoting their own rankings, is one of the many things that are incredibly asinine about this company.

What's important:

UW Avg. 90.7
    Oregon Avg. 90.04

I think both are helpful. I like to use the composite for broader looks at recruiting as it goes on, plus it updates more frequently since it's managing three dynamic inputs. But I always like to qualify deeper analysis into our numbers with the 247 rankings/ratings.
    It's more than three inputs
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

What's important:

UW Avg. 90.7
    Oregon Avg. 90.04

Three consistently updating sources of info...you get the point
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

What's important:

UW Avg. 90.7
    Oregon Avg. 90.04

Three consistently updating sources of info...you get the point
    It's still more than three. There's no way you can get the comp rankings out of just their rivals, ESPN and 247 rankings. They are using some other rankings as well.