Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

Next year we will have a scholarship kicker and a scholarship punter both riding the bench
    If Horn's giving us a touchback on 90% of kickoffs, it's well worth the scholarship.
    This.

Given how awful our KO team has been over the years, getting a TB will do wonders for our field position.

They really need to spend 1/3 of practice working on special teams. It cost us Oregon and Cal (first drive of 2nd half) last year and ASU 2 years ago.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2019
    Every fucking interception he throws us described as “a pass that he should have never thrown”.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Every fucking interception he throws us described as “a pass that he should have never thrown”.
    For a little bit it can be spun as him adjusting to college football. Freshman mistakes. He watched Browning do stupid shit all the time and never get punished. You still have a fine backup QB if Eason gets hurt.

So he comes into the starting QB competition, turns the ball over when he shouldn't be throwing it. Still shitty, but if he learns from it, you think, "Hey, here's a guy who will progress and won't make mistakes." He's still not the starter, but a reliable backup who won't make mistakes and lose you games.

Instead, it keeps happening. And it keeps happening.

This is an issue that a starting level QB fixes by day two or three at the latest. And that's why he shouldn't fucking touch the starting job.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    he feels like he needs to make spectacular plays to have a chance at winning the job. That's when mistakes happen. The kid just needs to try and be the best QB he can be. A good backup is important to have.
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    edited August 2019
    He should be the 3rd string qb behind Sirmon. Serious question , other than brownshit, who in husky history have you ever hated more than this fucking turd?
    *edited to include Cyler miles and chris massey
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,121
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    UW marketing cannot figure out why Husky branded women’s underwear is selling out this season.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,609
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Bread said:

From sleuthing on the UW football Instagram story... Wednesday was life scrimmage work at times, QBs were live too. Haener threw a awful interception to Myles Bryant, airmailed Cade Otton. You can see it if you go to their story.

His biggest problem is HE CANT SEE THE FIELD. Not only is he 5’10”, but because his arm isn’t great his base gets super wide when he throws which makes him even shorter and inaccurate at times. No joke, I would guess when he releases the ball his eyes are 5’0 off the ground because of this.

Good points, but can you tell who is holding the bags in this first one?

Student managers
    Maybe the three stripes should be GOLD???? Just maybe???
  • Options
    NLdawgNLdawg Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2019

Penace said:

He should be the 3rd string qb behind Sirmon. Serious question , other than brownshit, who in husky history have you ever hated more than this fucking turd?

Jaydon Mickens, Psalm Wooching, Chris Izbicki, Abdul Gaddy, Tripper Johnson, Mesphin Forrester, Vonzell McDowell, Johnny Durocher & Carl Bonnell as a package deal, JR Hasty, Brandon Johnson, Garrett Gilliland, buddy I'm just getting started..
    The thought of Chris Massey still induces vomit reflex
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

I don't get why anybody would hate him. I don't want him to be our starter but last year many people couldn't wait for the guy to get in there, me included

Judging which quarterbacks are good isn't really our forté here at Hardcore Husky, but we make up for it by being second to none in terms of providing the most detailed, knowledge-driven reporting and analysis of which quarterbacks are total shit.
    Take my $10.95
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Has anyone done a count on how many ints Haeners has and we still have like 2 weeks left of fall ball
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Penace said:

Jaydon Mickens, Psalm Wooching, Chris Izbicki, Abdul Gaddy, Tripper Johnson, Mesphin Forrester, Vonzell McDowell, Johnny Durocher & Carl Bonnell as a package deal, JR Hasty, Brandon Johnson, Garrett Gilliland, buddy I'm just getting started..
    Connor Cree
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,914
    Standard Supporter

Penace said:

Other than Gaydon and Psalm I didnt really hate any of those guys. They just weren't that good. Mickens of course for the pussy way he played, Psalm for talking shit and celebrating but then whiffing on tackles.

Hated Quinton Richardson for how often he got smoked on go routes. Timu could also be infuriating at times with his whiffs on sacks and dropped interceptions.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Penace said:

Other than Gaydon and Psalm I didnt really hate any of those guys. They just weren't that good. Mickens of course for the pussy way he played, Psalm for talking shit and celebrating but then whiffing on tackles.

Hated Quinton Richardson for how often he got smoked on go routes. Timu could also be infuriating at times with his whiffs on sacks and dropped interceptions.
    Q Rich was such a blatant miss in that run of dogshit DBs. I think he was so bad I eliminated all memories of him.
    master of the 15 yard cushion