Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Slim chance of 18-0, 17-1 possible, 16-2 likely

Unless this team falls off a cliff, Hopkins will have taken a 2-16 Romar team to the Tournament in Year 2

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Hard to see us falling off a cliff too. This success looks really sustainable given the depth we have and the ability for this team to not miss a beat any time one guy has an off night. And of course an elite defense will always keep a team in it no matter how off their offense is.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    2001400ex said:

Hard to see us falling off a cliff too. This success looks really sustainable given the depth we have and the ability for this team to not miss a beat any time one guy has an off night. And of course an elite defense will always keep a team in it no matter how off their offense is.

I do have concerns with our offense. We need to cut turnovers in half. I'm fine with missed shots, that'll work out. And stop letting crisp try to drive and do anything around the rim.
    Cutting turnovers by 25% should be fine with as often as we turn opponents over.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

I do have concerns with our offense. We need to cut turnovers in half. I'm fine with missed shots, that'll work out. And stop letting crisp try to drive and do anything around the rim.
    You should poast more here and less in the tug
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    2001400ex said:

No one passes in transition, it drives me insane.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

This
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

Exactly. Last two games Walton kept telling them to push it. I think they listened and tried. When they did pass it, it usually led to throw out of bounds.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I still think we get fucked by David Crisp in a game down the stretch
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fully in the boat that the reason ASU lost yesterday is cause Hurley thought he was a genius by practicing all week just for UW.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I’m really tempted to jump on this bandwagon but then I know the team will be DOOMED!
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

One thing we have to figure out on offense is fast breaks. We must be scoring under 50% when WE are running down the court with numbers. We miss layups, we make errant passes, we travel, we drop the ball. This team is functionally retarded in this regard.

We also struggle to break the full court press. I didn't watch the whole game last night but I don't recall them pressing us at all. If I were an opposing team, I'd full court press most of the game.
    I don't think UA had the depth or guard play to press us. ASU has the long athletes to really give us problems with pressure if Bobby Hurley FS chooses to do so. If the refs let em play at all today it could be a long night for our dWags. As for fast breaks, my god they just can't seem to make the right pass at the right time. They just have a knack for the coast to coast bullshit or an absolute mistiming of when to get their running mate the ball with the best chance to score. If I see any more player control fouls on fast breaks tonight I will cut my own nuts off. I don't really need them anymore anyways, married for ten years and stuff.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Just keep converting inbounds plays and I’m intrigued.