Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Notable programs that signed equal or fewer (??) blue chips (247 composite) than UW in 2019

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
LSU
Oregon
Climpson
Auburn
Tenn
Florida State
USC
Ohio St

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

LSU
    Oregon
    Climpson
    Auburn
    Tenn
    Florida State
    USC

I thought you said notable?
    you seem butthurt
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

LSU
    Oregon
    Climpson
    Auburn
    Tenn
    Florida State
    USC

I did. Their 2009- 14 run is still vastly superior to our 2016- 18 run. Oregon is relevant until they aren’t.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    It should be noted that UW had the #1 pac 12 class and #10 class nationally if you use 247 star average. I think it also holds true for composite.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

LSU
    Oregon
    Climpson
    Auburn
    Tenn
    Florida State
    USC

you seem butthurt
    Nope, just taking cheap shots at little brother. It's better than being wazzu who isn't even in the conversation.

LSU
    Oregon
    Climpson
    Auburn
    Tenn
    Florida State
    USC

I did. Their 2009- 14 run is still vastly superior to our 2016- 18 run. Oregon is relevant until they aren’t.
    Sure, but it's not recent at all. Our 80's and 90's run was superior but it still doesn't make us nationally relevant until we are again.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

LSU
    Oregon
    Climpson
    Auburn
    Tenn
    Florida State
    USC
    Ohio St

But all the blue bloods stole UWs lunch money!
    This narrative is so FS. Yeah, we sucked at WR this year at TE will continue to suck on perpetuity.

The trend is clear...

I'm not good at Maff but seems like we are getting more and more BC's each year. And that's with 3 bowl losses in a row.
    I’ll be updating my recruiting trajectory and comparison vs National Champion Clemson once Puka decides.

I’ll also be updating my total team talent trajectory and comparison vs National Champ Clemson once the 2019 Total talent scores are available.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    It’s important to note that under Petersen we will likely always have smaller classes. That has its pros and cons, but realistically it puts at a pretty big competitive disadvantage when many of the top 10 classes will sign 23-27 players each year and we’ll be closer to 20-22.

Signing 3-4 more players just gives you that much better odds of players panning out while at the same time churning over the bottom of your roster suddenly senioring guys or suggesting transfers. Not everybody does it, but lots of the big boys do.

Thought it was worth bringing up cause every year someone brings up “if we signed up as many players and so and so are classes would be ranked the same.”
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dawgs206 said:

It’s important to note that under Petersen we will likely always have smaller classes. That has its pros and cons, but realistically it puts at a pretty big competitive disadvantage when many of the top 10 classes will sign 23-27 players each year and we’ll be closer to 20-22.

Signing 3-4 more players just gives you that much better odds of players panning out while at the same time churning over the bottom of your roster suddenly senioring guys or suggesting transfers. Not everybody does it, but lots of the big boys do.

Thought it was worth bringing up cause every year someone brings up “if we signed up as many players and so and so are classes would be ranked the same.”

Some are fucking project that time to develop. King was not amazing until his Sr year. So
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dawgs206 said:

It's the lesser of two evils for Pete.

"honor and integrity" versus "whatever it takes"

given his (lack of) apparent coffee cup stance, it is what it is.

We have to live with it and deal with the ongoing high blood pressure TBS'ing.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,889
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

LSU
    Oregon
    Climpson
    Auburn
    Tenn
    Florida State
    USC
    Ohio St

Your yellow ass looks great in those pants 👀
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam

LSU
    Oregon
    Climpson
    Auburn
    Tenn
    Florida State
    USC
    Ohio St

Other than Clemson those teams are notable for being in decline

Ohio State lost the best recruiter in the game

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam

LSU
    Oregon
    Climpson
    Auburn
    Tenn
    Florida State
    USC
    Ohio St

Other than Clemson those teams are notable for being in decline

Ohio State lost the best recruiter in the game

Other than Clemson every program in the country is in decline.
    But still