Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Saban Plotting Revenge On Dabo

26 Blue Chips? Are you fucking kidding?

Comments

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    That said, we? landed more Blue Chips than Clemson! Suck it Dabo! Proof that we? can do what they do!
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Avg of 94.38 everyone is fucked
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Would not be surprised if that 3 star turns out to be the best pro..
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    as much as I respect Saban for what he does year in and year out, I can't help but think that bringing in that much top end talent means that they will be filling the portal a lot each year going forward. i think guys will get pissed off when they don't play.

whatever...like he cares.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Domicillo said:

For perspective, outside of their 3-star kicker, Bama's lowest rated recruit is ranked #321 nationally.

Asa Turner is #300, Julius Buelow is #333.

That's why we suck until we don't. I'm optimistic the QB won't make me want to die this year, but we have no chance in the playoffs should we even get there.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Domicillo said:

For perspective, outside of their 3-star kicker, Bama's lowest rated recruit is ranked #321 nationally.

That's why we suck until we don't. I'm optimistic the QB won't make me want to die this year, but we have no chance in the playoffs should we even get there.
    lets get to the playoffs first

Domicillo said:

Hence "should we even get there".

Also, go die in the forest Tequilla. At least let me know why you disagree. I'm sure you have a really idiotic perspective on this, so let us hear it. If you don't have the time to type out your usual 458 paragraphs, you ARE allowed to be brief on here.

Domicillo said:

Also, go die in the forest Tequilla. At least let me know why you disagree. I'm sure you have a really idiotic perspective on this, so let us hear it. If you don't have the time to type out your usual 458 paragraphs, you ARE allowed to be brief on here.
    what? kids want play for the whole thing.

Domicillo said:

No idea what you're trying to say. My point is that we're either gonna lose in the playoffs, or not make the playoffs at all. Either way we're losers. Anyone who thinks we can compete with Bama right now is delusional.

Domicillo said:

No idea what you're trying to say. My point is that we're either gonna lose in the playoffs, or not make the playoffs at all. Either way we're losers. Anyone who thinks we can compete with Bama right now is delusional.
    probably better than 3 years ago

Domicillo said:

probably better than 3 years ago
    Oh great, it only takes us 3 years to maybe get better! The arrow is slowly pointing up probably!
    RealRhino said:

I can’t help but wonder, though, if Alabama has maybe entered that late stage Pete Carroll at USC period. Where they recruiting rankings just keep getting better, but they’re pulling guys who are ring chasing bitches from outside their normal footprint. At USC, the numbers were there but the fight wasn’t.

Carroll is way closer to Petersen than he is to Saban. He maybe wasn't afraid of hype, but he also believes his own hype and is not very self-critical or evolving his style, and also very insular in his coaching hires and not looking for outside ideas.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    RealRhino said:

I can’t help but wonder, though, if Alabama has maybe entered that late stage Pete Carroll at USC period. Where they recruiting rankings just keep getting better, but they’re pulling guys who are ring chasing bitches from outside their normal footprint. At USC, the numbers were there but the fight wasn’t.

This is a really good thought. Will be chinteresting to watch going forward.

Domicillo said:

Bullshit. Positionally speaking, we have had two major flaws and two minor flaws the last three years.

Major Flaw 1: QB. Most important player on the field. If Eason is anything close to the 5 star hype this is taking a massive step forward. Even if he's not it should take a solid step forward. And for the first time in the Pete era there is real talent in the depth here as well. This position has just been massively upgraded, there's no way to overstate it.

Major Flaw 2: Edge rush. When JoJo was healthy in 2016 this team could have played with damn near anybody. I don't think the impact of his loss has ever been fully grasped. The defense has been amazing at keeping teams off the score board which is their number one job, but they don't turn people over like they did with a rush. Now we have Tryon ready to pop, Ngata with a full offseason to put on weight, and added easily our best edge rush class of the Pete era headlined by a kid with the size to step in and contribute right away. This position will be updgraded in 2019 (possibly significantly) and significantly upgraded from their.

Minor Flaw 1: Our offensive line has mostly been very good, but has been flawed enough that it hasn't been great against top competition expect maybe tOSU game. The issues at guard last time we played Bama are well documented. The depth has been significantly upgraded since then - we won't be starting anymore undersized true frosh on the line. The 2019 line is going to be a monster, but even after all those seniors leave you'll have a line full of upperclassmen in 2020 because of the huge (and talented) class of 2021 seniors. The only real danger area for 2020 was center and Huff addressed that by going JUCO. Again, the position has been upgraded.

Minor Flaw 2: The ILB depth was an issue after Sark's guys finished up their eligibility and/or lost their fire (Azeem got out of shape, Bierria fell off without Azeem next to him). BBK played a ton in 2017 before he was really ready (he was great in 2018 I don't care what anybody says), the walk-ons had to play significant snaps at times because of the lack of depth etc. Now you have Tafisi and Sirmon ready to enter the depth chart, a walk on who might actually deserve to play in Olafoshio, Heimuli and Calvert ready to play if needed, Ah You added to the depth and the potential of Tuputala if they want him inside rather than Sam. Oh and you stole a legitimate recruit in Drew Fowler who's walking on which will only make him hungrier. The position might remain a minor flaw this year because it's young but it won't be a flaw by 2020 and beyond.

I didn't include receiver because it wasn't an issue in 2016 and who the fuck knows how much of the problem the last two years was Browning but the 2017 and 2018 recruiting classes should be ready to really contribute there this year as well.

The only major flaw I'm concerned about going forward is kicker. Fuck kickers.

But outside of kicker this roster is ready to compete with the big boys. If not in 2019 then definitely by 2020.

No more talent excuses. Time to win.
    It's not a fucking excuse, cumstain. The last thing I'm doing is excusing anyone.

These are things we CAN fix. Things we SHOULD be doing if we want to win. But we're not.

Pete is too slow to correct major issues and lets them fester. We're playing catch-up at a snail's pace.

There's no excuse for that. We should be winning, but we're not doing all the things we need to do to win big games.

The results we've had are clearly showing that.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Domicillo said:

Bullshit. Positionally speaking, we have had two major flaws and two minor flaws the last three years.

Major Flaw 1: QB. Most important player on the field. If Eason is anything close to the 5 star hype this is taking a massive step forward. Even if he's not it should take a solid step forward. And for the first time in the Pete era there is real talent in the depth here as well. This position has just been massively upgraded, there's no way to overstate it.

Major Flaw 2: Edge rush. When JoJo was healthy in 2016 this team could have played with damn near anybody. I don't think the impact of his loss has ever been fully grasped. The defense has been amazing at keeping teams off the score board which is their number one job, but they don't turn people over like they did with a rush. Now we have Tryon ready to pop, Ngata with a full offseason to put on weight, and added easily our best edge rush class of the Pete era headlined by a kid with the size to step in and contribute right away. This position will be updgraded in 2019 (possibly significantly) and significantly upgraded from their.

Minor Flaw 1: Our offensive line has mostly been very good, but has been flawed enough that it hasn't been great against top competition expect maybe tOSU game. The issues at guard last time we played Bama are well documented. The depth has been significantly upgraded since then - we won't be starting anymore undersized true frosh on the line. The 2019 line is going to be a monster, but even after all those seniors leave you'll have a line full of upperclassmen in 2020 because of the huge (and talented) class of 2021 seniors. The only real danger area for 2020 was center and Huff addressed that by going JUCO. Again, the position has been upgraded.

Minor Flaw 2: The ILB depth was an issue after Sark's guys finished up their eligibility and/or lost their fire (Azeem got out of shape, Bierria fell off without Azeem next to him). BBK played a ton in 2017 before he was really ready (he was great in 2018 I don't care what anybody says), the walk-ons had to play significant snaps at times because of the lack of depth etc. Now you have Tafisi and Sirmon ready to enter the depth chart, a walk on who might actually deserve to play in Olafoshio, Heimuli and Calvert ready to play if needed, Ah You added to the depth and the potential of Tuputala if they want him inside rather than Sam. Oh and you stole a legitimate recruit in Drew Fowler who's walking on which will only make him hungrier. The position might remain a minor flaw this year because it's young but it won't be a flaw by 2020 and beyond.

I didn't include receiver because it wasn't an issue in 2016 and who the fuck knows how much of the problem the last two years was Browning but the 2017 and 2018 recruiting classes should be ready to really contribute there this year as well.

The only major flaw I'm concerned about going forward is kicker. Fuck kickers.

But outside of kicker this roster is ready to compete with the big boys. If not in 2019 then definitely by 2020.

No more talent excuses. Time to win.
    It's not a fucking excuse, cumstain. The last thing I'm doing is excusing anyone.

These are things we CAN fix. Things we SHOULD be doing if we want to win. But we're not.

Pete is too slow to correct major issues and lets them fester. We're playing catch-up at a snail's pace.

There's no excuse for that. We should be winning, but we're not doing all the things we need to do to win big games.

The results we've had are clearly showing that.
    I didn't mean you were making a talent excuse, I'm just saying it's not there anymore.

@HuskyClaws graphic says it a lot better than I did.

The talent is improving a lot more than some realize.
    Good post.