Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Beavers pending coach sale?

Ektard hearing he may retire after tearing his ACL in the Rose Bowl. Danny Hammer and Calvert may have to start from day 1.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    If hes got another serious injury he's done. This is why we need Toot Toot
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,532
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    counting on freshman is not the way to go - you never see any CFP champs relying on freshman
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I was curious about this. He appeared to be grabbing his achilles after he went down.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

counting on freshman is not the way to go - you never see any CFP champs relying on freshman

It's not ideal, but freshmen stand out on great teams all the time. The talent level, at least at DL, is high and there are a lot of them. We* need Danny Hammer and Tootoo. That would make 4 young but physically impressive lbs (Calvert and Tuputala) of which a couple need to play and play very well.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,501
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Ektard hearing he may retire after tearing his ACL in the Rose Bowl. Danny Hammer and Calvert may have to start from day 1.

Doubt any of those guys beat out Sirmon. Redshirt them
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Probably not but a lot of guys play. There aren't many bodies on the roster right now. Beavers and Wellington have had a hard time staying healthy so far, and Sirmon and Tafisi are pretty hard to say anything certain about yet. It's not a shit show, but thin enough that a lot can go wrong and I expect as much
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited February 2019
    Was expecting something like this.

Wish I was right. This sucks.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's linebackers, who cares? It's not real life, like dline/secondary.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fortunately our first 4 games are our dreck non-conf schedule (Eastern, Hawaii, BYU) and Cal who has the worse offense in the conference. Hopefully a few of the young LBs will settle into their roles by October when we get into the meat of our schedule.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

I was curious about this. He appeared to be grabbing his achilles after he went down.

Yup, even when Ektard is kinda right I still think he's wrong. Looked like a torn achilles when it happened. Beavers just needs to be done. He's never playing a down in the NFL. Leave the game while you still have some ligaments left.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I thought Achilles as well
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agree, but we still need to play probably two of the true freshmen.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

Agree, but we still need to play probably two of the true freshmen.
    Silver Dollar D, 10 DBs and Levi
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,969
    I'm hearing some ulofoshio disrespect in this thread. Came to shut it down. Kid can play.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2019
    Bread said:

I'm hearing some ulofoshio disrespect in this thread. Came to shut it down. Kid can play.

Correct, but he's a redshirt freshman as well. There's still a massive gap at inside linebacker between seniors (both scholarship and walk-on) and redshirt freshmen. There are zero juniors or sophomores listed on the official roster--even counting walk-ons. With Beavers out, we're having a serious conversation about Kyler Manu starting at MIK, Wellington starting at WIL, and 100% of the depth being redshirt-freshmen or younger. It's either that or a freshman starts.

Kind of makes we wonder if the staff isn't overreacting to youth at certain position groups when it comes to this recruiting class. In a way, it's like, "This defensive class is insane!" In another way, though, if both Hammer and Totes commit, we're looking at 11 players out of a 25-man class (4 DT, 2 OLB, 5 ILB) coming in to fill six spots on the field. This is exacerbated by four DL and four LB being brought in last year as well (counting Ulofoshio, which we should). It's weird that when Oregon or USC or UCLA get nine receivers or eight corners in a class, we laugh at them, but we're all dooging ballz over a class that's ridiculously imbalanced toward defensive front seven. Yet I don't care because all of these guys are total studs and I want them all.