Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Future is bright!!

It may not be a big deal or maybe I had a couple drinks in me and I'm dooging but I wanted to point out that on dawgman in the commitment section where they list the top 25 commits ever for uw I would like to point out the 6 have yet to play a down for UW. I think that is huge for UW and the program that 6 of the top 25 commits have yet to play. I also understand that some of those highest rated croots some never panned out the way they were hyped but still 6!? Also how it Tuitele not 5 stars..... that is all

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2019
    I have only been super excited for two recruits in my lifetime. The first was Mike Lustyk and the second was Reggie Williams. The only time I have ever been crushed by a recruit spurning UW for someplace else was Kevin Willhite.

• Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Casey Paus, Jake Browning, Cyler Miles and Troy Williams are in the top 25. How the fuck is that possible?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Casey Paus, Jake Browning, Cyler Miles and Troy Williams are in the top 25. How the fuck is that possible?

They rated super high in hs.

We saw the college years which usually doesn't correlate with expectations from hs based on potential. It is what it is.

Browning had the touchdown record hype in hs. Miles had the hyped athleticism. Paus had the hyped gunslinger look. Williams... Don't remember actually.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

They rated super high in hs.

We saw the college years which usually doesn't correlate with expectations from hs based on potential. It is what it is.

Browning had the touchdown record hype in hs. Miles had the hyped athleticism. Paus had the hyped gunslinger look. Williams... Don't remember actually.
    Wasn't Williams the #1 duel threat QB in his class? And he was recruited by Sark so you get bonus points
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957

We sucked at recruiting
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

We sucked at recruiting
    Paus was a legitimately top 100 rated recruit (nepotism hype? not that his brother was even good), but absolutely right on the others. When middling four stars are in your top 25 of all time (well the TBS site era anyway), your recruiting has been shit.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Sark’s 2014 class was going to blow them all away
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited February 2019

Sark’s 2014 class was going to blow them all away

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2019

It may not be a big deal or maybe I had a couple drinks in me and I'm dooging but I wanted to point out that on dawgman in the commitment section where they list the top 25 commits ever for uw I would like to point out the 6 have yet to play a down for UW. I think that is huge for UW and the program that 6 of the top 25 commits have yet to play. I also understand that some of those highest rated croots some never panned out the way they were hyped but still 6!? Also how it Tuitele not 5 stars..... that is all

So, are you at a bar? You like to say croots. YLTST.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418

I have only been super excited for two recruits in my lifetime. The first was Mike Lustyk and the second was Reggie Williams. The only time I have ever been crushed by a recruit spurning UW for someplace else was Kevin Willhite.

Why do you hate Napolean Kaufman?
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2019
    Tommie “Hitman” Smith and Asa “Mercer-nary” Turner.