Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Nothing gets by these guys

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Great link as always
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,120 Founders Club
    Give me a break, troll.
    The team is obviously better this year and that means Sark will be here next year. With the schedule next year and the returning players, he'll almost certainly be here in 2015.

Branding Sark as a coach that can't rise above mediocrity is mere speculation. He's still young enough to adapt and he'll finish the 2015 season with two years more experience.

If the Beaver whiners get their way, he'll have coached more PAC 10/12 games than any other active coach by then.

This defensive staff is very good, every position group is getting better.

Kiesau is much better with the WRs than Dougherty was. Tui seems just right with the QBs.

Nansen appears to have done ok with the RBs, just ask the Beavs or cuogs. (I like that spelling much better than coogs.

The OL, penalties, especially OL penalties, and special teams, primarily KO coverage, are where the team needs to improve.

ST looked OK until Stanford. Things improved when starting position players picked up more of those duties. Unfortunately, Shaq's concussion in the AC demonstrated the downside of using starters on special teams.

The team will be deeper next year and if more emphasis, or as I would put it, the proper amount of emphasis, is put on ST, they should be better without using regular starters.

I think Van Winkle will end up as a great kicker and he'll probably get a redshirt for this year. Hopefully he'll start out great and then just get better. It will be hard to top Coons this year, but Cameron has a very bright future IMHO.

Ross looks good on KO returns. Hall will have even more chances on punt returns. ( I think the D will be better next year.)

That leaves the OL. They improved over last year but were still the worst unit on the team. They were decent at run blocking. Pass pro? Not so much.

The false starts at home were annoying. The real penalty problem however was the holding they, all too often, needed to resort to in order to keep KP from getting killed.

Those penalties loom as one of the main causes of the disparity between offensive yards per game and points scored.

The OL problems scream for a new position coach. Poor discipline on false starts and bad pass pro aren't necessarily unrelated. If you're getting beat you tend to get a little jumpy.

The point I made about Sark's youth work in the opposite way with Cozzetto. That old dog hasn't shown us any new tricks for the five years he's been here.

THe OL is the only problem that I can't see being fixed in house but it needs to be fixed next year.

The 2015 team will probably be less deep than 2014 so next year is the year if Sark wants to stay. Fix the OL and it could be special.
  • PurpleJ said:

The team is obviously better this year and that means Sark will be here next year. With the schedule next year and the returning players, he'll almost certainly be here in 2015.

Branding Sark as a coach that can't rise above mediocrity is mere speculation. He's still young enough to adapt and he'll finish the 2015 season with two years more experience.

If the Beaver whiners get their way, he'll have coached more PAC 10/12 games than any other active coach by then.

Kiesau is much better with the WRs than Dougherty was. Tui seems just right with the QBs.

Nansen appears to have done ok with the RBs, just ask the Beavs or cuogs. (I like that spelling much better than coogs.

The OL, penalties, especially OL penalties, and special teams, primarily KO coverage, are where the team needs to improve.

ST looked OK until Stanford. Things improved when starting position players picked up more of those duties. Unfortunately, Shaq's concussion in the AC demonstrated the downside of using starters on special teams.

The team will be deeper next year and if more emphasis, or as I would put it, the proper amount of emphasis, is put on ST, they should be better without using regular starters.

I think Van Winkle will end up as a great kicker and he'll probably get a redshirt for this year. Hopefully he'll start out great and then just get better. It will be hard to top Coons this year, but Cameron has a very bright future IMHO.

Ross looks good on KO returns. Hall will have even more chances on punt returns. ( I think the D will be better next year.)

That leaves the OL. They improved over last year but were still the worst unit on the team. They were decent at run blocking. Pass pro? Not so much.

The false starts at home were annoying. The real penalty problem however was the holding they, all too often, needed to resort to in order to keep KP from getting killed.

Those penalties loom as one of the main causes of the disparity between offensive yards per game and points scored.

The OL problems scream for a new position coach. Poor discipline on false starts and bad pass pro aren't necessarily unrelated. If you're getting beat you tend to get a little jumpy.

The point I made about Sark's youth work in the opposite way with Cozzetto. That old dog hasn't shown us any new tricks for the five years he's been here.

THe OL is the only problem that I can't see being fixed in house but it needs to be fixed next year.

The 2015 team will probably be less deep than 2014 so next year is the year if Sark wants to stay. Fix the OL and it could be special.

Say this guy deserves to die in a fire would be too nice.

Jesus christ that was fucking awful.

PuppyLove_SugarSteel even thinks that was terrible.
    We value reader participation, but you have failed to abide by the terms of service that you agreed to when you registered. You no longer have permission to post comments.
    Please return and try again.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    PurpleJ said:

Kasimira C . Verdi

Watches you!
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,601 Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

We value reader participation, but you have failed to abide by the terms of service that you agreed to when you registered. You no longer have permission to post comments.
    Please return and try again.

That's damn impressive. I've been public enemy No. 1 there for 4 years and haven't been banned