Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jay'Veon Sunday, 2020 3* RB, Waco (Connally), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,153
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019

This will be a terrible pick up if it happens.

Bitch about wasting time recruiting in Texas, bitch about actually getting a commit from Texas, bitch about a 17 year old kid who clearly has some tools to work with because he what, ran an 11.3 in one fucking track event? Fuck you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujBjn1qeCLs
    I very rarely ever bitch about a recruit. This player doesn't help us beat the elites. If he was great the local schools wouldn't let him leave the state.
    Players fly under the radar ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Underrated players get developed into studs ALL THE FUCKING TIME. It's not like he's going to be the headliner of the class. He's likely our #2 or #3 RB in this class alone. Quit being such a bitch.
    Fuck you cunt. Are you happy with Pleasant, Newton and this kid? What a joke. We lost to Oregon, Cal and almost Colorado last year because we DID NOT have a suitable back up. That is on Bhonapha. He is the only coach imo that needs to go.
    Yeah Bhonapha really sucked at developing 3* Myles Gaskin. By all accounts, Pleasant and Newton are developing well. Let's see where we're at this season in the post-Gaskin era, shall we?
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

He’s good but fuck we are so gay

The problem is.....he's not that good. The kid should move to LB, and would probably be amazing if he has any instincts.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    vadawg said:

He’s good but fuck we are so gay

The problem is.....he's not that good. The kid should move to LB, and would probably be amazing if he has any instincts.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    whuggy said:

Domicillo said:

Sunday: Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Colorado St, Houston, Kansas, Kansas St, Louisiana Tech, SMU, Temple, Texas State, Utah, Washington

Morrison: Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado St, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Liberty, Memphis, Minnesota, Mississippi St, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Texas, SMU, Syracuse, UCF, Utah, Washington

If you found yourself commenting on Sevion's quality of top ten schools and are already defending Sunday's commitment as an under the radar find, you've got some flawed cognitive thinking skills.

La'Veon Bell's offers: Bowling Green, Marshall, Eastern Michigan, and Michigan State.

I don't slam recruits before they even touch a college football field. The dude clearly has tools. If the coach's want him this early, I'm guessing they, you know, want him. Y'all seem to think they're going, "Oh, you wanna come to UW? Great! That means I don't have to interview anyone else. Thank god, because that shit is a pain! Let me go find you some paperwork and get you in touch with HR."

If we get a 3* recruit, we bitch that they're not a 4* recruit. When we get a 4* recruit, we bitch that they're not a 5* recruit. When we get a 5* recruit, we bitch that they're not a 6* recruit. When we get a white recruit, we bitch that they're not black. When we get a black recruit, we bitch that they're not white. We bitch that we recruit Texas, and when we get a Texas recruit, we bitch that he's not up to whatever backasswards standards this place creates for players.

Well you're basically missing the point. If you want to be elite, you have to recruit elite. UW doesn't.
    Wanna know a fun fact? Clemson signed SIXTEEN guys that were 3* or less in their 2019 class. That includes a running back. And that was after winning a national championship. One of them was even a 2*! How dense are you people? UW signed EIGHT.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Bitch about wasting time recruiting in Texas, bitch about actually getting a commit from Texas, bitch about a 17 year old kid who clearly has some tools to work with because he what, ran an 11.3 in one fucking track event? Fuck you.

I very rarely ever bitch about a recruit. This player doesn't help us beat the elites. If he was great the local schools wouldn't let him leave the state.
    Players fly under the radar ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Underrated players get developed into studs ALL THE FUCKING TIME. It's not like he's going to be the headliner of the class. He's likely our #2 or #3 RB in this class alone. Quit being such a bitch.
    Fuck you cunt. Are you happy with Pleasant, Newton and this kid? What a joke. We lost to Oregon, Cal and almost Colorado last year because we DID NOT have a suitable back up. That is on Bhonapha. He is the only coach imo that needs to go.
    Yeah Bhonapha really sucked at developing 3* Myles Gaskin. By all accounts, Pleasant and Newton are developing well. Let's see where we're at this season in the post-Gaskin era, shall we?
    I don't know Ern. I think Gaskin was just great at what he did. Was Pettis good at Special Teams because of Bob Gregory or was he just that good? This years RB's are the one position group I am concerned with.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

We lost to Oregon because we missed a FG to win the game ... the RBs not named Gaskin played quite well that day

We lost to Cal because the Jake’s fucking sucked ass and our OL was brutal and beat up

Colorado was just blah
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure our backup RBs were carving up Oregon at the end of the game. We made a "better be safe than sorry" decision at the end of the game and ended up sorry anyways
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019

I don't know Ern. I think Gaskin was just great at what he did. Was Pettis good at Special Teams because of Bob Gregory or was he just that good? This years RB's are the one position group I am concerned with.
    So if a player's good, it's because of his innate talent and has nothing to do with the coaches. However, when a player sucks, it's all on the coaches. Got it.

What a great example of an echo chamber we got going on in here. Someone needs to make a documentary.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    guntlove said:

This is so on-brand for Bhonerpha. I'm really glad he dug deep this year to beat out the likes of Texas State, Temple, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, and SMU. This kid runs like the fucking hunchback of Notre Dame. Now that Bonerpop's taken the guy from Texas that both the Longhorns and Aggies had zero interest in, he can focus on pulling off his traditional in-state lay up with Adams and get back to *stocking underage girls on twitter. Who needs elite talents like Bijan Robinson? Especially when it forces you to work hard and do your job.

After last years top-shelf class... 2020 and 2021, with an unusually high number of elite in-state kids, were supposed to be years where we took the next step and loaded up on elite talent. I can't imagine it going worse than it has so far. We look totally disorganized... The recruitment of Texas appears clumsy and poorly planned... We're getting massively out hustled for top kids (especially by Oregon)... Will Harris has not been used AT ALL and is a complete waste as the 10th coach... We've pissed off local kids and coaches by not being up front about why they're not getting offers... We've allowed a damaging narrative to be used against us by our rivals - without any kind of coordinated fight-back/re-messaging... We lost our number one most important recruit from our own fucking backyard in APRIL... We keep trotting out recruiting liabilities like Gregory/Kwiatkowski/Bhonerpha and wonder why we can't get any recruiting traction at those positions.... Wilson and Rosengarten appear headed to Oregon -- Ringo has all but eliminated us -- Botelho committed to ND -- Clark Phillips and Lathan Ransom never even considered us -- Even fucking Herbig is favoring Wisconsin.

Unless you're brain damaged like BigErn, there's no way any objective person could look at our recruiting efforts this year and not be disappointed and alarmed. Total fucking shit show so far.

Stalking*

You still have five minutes to change it.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Domicillo said:

Sunday: Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Colorado St, Houston, Kansas, Kansas St, Louisiana Tech, SMU, Temple, Texas State, Utah, Washington

Morrison: Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado St, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Liberty, Memphis, Minnesota, Mississippi St, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Texas, SMU, Syracuse, UCF, Utah, Washington

If you found yourself commenting on Sevion's quality of top ten schools and are already defending Sunday's commitment as an under the radar find, you've got some flawed cognitive thinking skills.

La'Veon Bell's offers: Bowling Green, Marshall, Eastern Michigan, and Michigan State.

I don't slam recruits before they even touch a college football field. The dude clearly has tools. If the coach's want him this early, I'm guessing they, you know, want him. Y'all seem to think they're going, "Oh, you wanna come to UW? Great! That means I don't have to interview anyone else. Thank god, because that shit is a pain! Let me go find you some paperwork and get you in touch with HR."

If we get a 3* recruit, we bitch that they're not a 4* recruit. When we get a 4* recruit, we bitch that they're not a 5* recruit. When we get a 5* recruit, we bitch that they're not a 6* recruit. When we get a white recruit, we bitch that they're not black. When we get a black recruit, we bitch that they're not white. We bitch that we recruit Texas, and when we get a Texas recruit, we bitch that he's not up to whatever backasswards standards this place creates for players.

Well you're basically missing the point. If you want to be elite, you have to recruit elite. UW doesn't.
    Wanna know a fun fact? Clemson signed SIXTEEN guys that were 3* or less in their 2019 class. That includes a running back. And that was after winning a national championship. One of them was even a 2*! How dense are you people? UW signed EIGHT.
    Oh. You must mean the Clemson that signed 5 FIVE star recruits the year before and is on pace to have the best recruiting class in the history of college football. And you put them in the same paragraph as UW as far as recruiting? Wash your mouth out.

I'm not comparing the two. Do you have parasites in your brain? Fucking Christ. I'm ridiculing the teenage angst of this place when we sign a 3* recruit. It's fucking fascinating. It's not abnormal to sign a 3* recruit. Even the elites sign 3* recruits.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

So if a player's good, it's because of his innate talent and has nothing to do with the coaches. However, when a player sucks, it's all on the coaches. Got it.

What a great example of an echo chamber we got going on in here. Someone needs to make a documentary.
    It is possible a player can cover up a teams warts and that is what I believe and the play has shown this. No other running backs have shown they can be the guy. Look at our ST last year.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

We lost to Oregon because we missed a FG to win the game ... the RBs not named Gaskin played quite well that day

We lost to Cal because the Jake’s fucking sucked ass and our OL was brutal and beat up

Colorado was just blah
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure our backup RBs were carving up Oregon at the end of the game. We made a "better be safe than sorry" decision at the end of the game and ended up sorry anyways
    If memory serves, Salvon had a strong game and McGrew made a number of good plays on the last drive.

The clock decisions IMO were as much not trusting Browning as anything. I do think that Pete was not wanting to give the ball back to Oregon in any scenario.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Domicillo said:

Oh. You must mean the Clemson that signed 5 FIVE star recruits the year before and is on pace to have the best recruiting class in the history of college football. And you put them in the same paragraph as UW as far as recruiting? Wash your mouth out.

I'm not comparing the two. Fucking Christ. I'm ridiculing the teenage angst of this place when we sign a 3* recruit. It's fucking fascinating. It's not abnormal to sign a 3* recruit. Even the elites sign 3* recruits.
    I give up. Either you're extremely dense or just have nothing better to do than argue for no reason. At this point I'm becoming convinced you're just a plant for some rival team.
    You are the clowns wanting to jump off the cliff over this guy. I'm trying to pull you back. The knee-jerk reactions in this place are absolutely breathtaking. Tequila is the only sane one in here right now.
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784

guntlove said:

This is so on-brand for Bhonerpha. I'm really glad he dug deep this year to beat out the likes of Texas State, Temple, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, and SMU. This kid runs like the fucking hunchback of Notre Dame. Now that Bonerpop's taken the guy from Texas that both the Longhorns and Aggies had zero interest in, he can focus on pulling off his traditional in-state lay up with Adams and get back to *stocking underage girls on twitter. Who needs elite talents like Bijan Robinson? Especially when it forces you to work hard and do your job.

After last years top-shelf class... 2020 and 2021, with an unusually high number of elite in-state kids, were supposed to be years where we took the next step and loaded up on elite talent. I can't imagine it going worse than it has so far. We look totally disorganized... The recruitment of Texas appears clumsy and poorly planned... We're getting massively out hustled for top kids (especially by Oregon)... Will Harris has not been used AT ALL and is a complete waste as the 10th coach... We've pissed off local kids and coaches by not being up front about why they're not getting offers... We've allowed a damaging narrative to be used against us by our rivals - without any kind of coordinated fight-back/re-messaging... We lost our number one most important recruit from our own fucking backyard in APRIL... We keep trotting out recruiting liabilities like Gregory/Kwiatkowski/Bhonerpha and wonder why we can't get any recruiting traction at those positions.... Wilson and Rosengarten appear headed to Oregon -- Ringo has all but eliminated us -- Botelho committed to ND -- Clark Phillips and Lathan Ransom never even considered us -- Even fucking Herbig is favoring Wisconsin.

Unless you're brain damaged like BigErn, there's no way any objective person could look at our recruiting efforts this year and not be disappointed and alarmed. Total fucking shit show so far.

Stalking*

You still have five minutes to change it.
    Whoosh, you fucking half-wit. Christ, I even put a star next to the word. You're struggling.