Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bob Gregory fired

... yet?
I'd like to know.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Why would we fire him? Put someone in the ST role, fine, but he turned BBK into a fucking badass and we are recruiting the position fine...

• Options
    PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Why would we fire him? Put someone in the ST role, fine, but he turned BBK into a fucking badass and we are recruiting the position fine...

I wouldn’t say he’s been a fine recruiter. Calvert was a good get this year, and if he actually lands Heimuli then he’ll somewhat have redeemed himself for the weak LB classes of the last few years. But overall he’s been solidly average or mediocre as a recruiter.

As for development, he certainly deserves a good deal of credit for BBK. But in general, the LBs have been an area of (relative) weakness for our D these last two years, and I think it’s pretty clear that we can do a lot better at that position.

He was here in 2016 right? He did great with Azeem and got the most out of Bierria. Everyone seems to think Hemuili is a lock, so if we get him I think we are in a good position with his development history.

We need a new special teams coach though no question
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    In fairness the special teams duties weren’t something he was seeking out. In an interview he basically said that nobody wants to coach special teams, as you’re either the hero or scapegoat.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

He was here in 2016 right? He did great with Azeem and got the most out of Bierria. Everyone seems to think Hemuili is a lock, so if we get him I think we are in a good position with his development history.

We need a new special teams coach though no question

He's been here basically the whole time. In 5 years, you have:
    1) Azeem gets good, until he gets shown the door.
    2) Kaho is gonna be great, until he isn't.
    3) TryhardWG tries really hard, does pretty good.

You don't think this is an opportunity to upgrade? BDTW.com* tells me that everything matters! Pete likes coaching continuity and probably isn't going to flip more than 2ish coaches per offseason, so If we're not replacing guys who leave for a promotion, we should really be upgrading our two weakest position coaches every single year. This year, that's Gregory and Lubbick.

(*Maintenance mode is on)
  • Options

In fairness the special teams duties weren’t something he was seeking out. In an interview he basically said that nobody wants to coach special teams, as you’re either the hero or scapegoat.

Can't we just crash a hot-air balloon made of cash into the Utah Special Teams coaches' house or something?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Can't we just crash a hot-air balloon made of cash into the Utah Special Teams coaches' house or something?
    Too soon man, too soon

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2019

Special Teams coach is a good spot for the "I dont care if he can coach, just get a young urban black guy that can recruit" people... also an easy spot for Pete to pick up the coaching slack if needed.

Position coaching, like at WR, not so much, coaching does actually matter... Do more with more
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Which one? they have two of them?

Shah is CB/Special teams - $350,000
    Ena is LB/Special teams - $275,000

for reference lubick was $475,000 and Gregory is $550,000

So there is plenty of money.
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

Which one? they have two of them?

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Urban Meyer coached the special teams as did James

I noticed at the Rose Bowl that Urban had the Bucks doing a lot of hokey stuff pre game that James' teams did. Also noticed Ohio State came out ready to play from the opening gun

So how much is pete’s buyout? I am hearing that urban is available
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I heard Urban say he’s ‘probably’ done coaching football altogether.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,387
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You have to make him say no
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Let?s get Hammer wrapped up before we? worry about Gregory.

Fucking this

Or we can just pander for chins and forget that EVERYTHING MATTERS

(except site launch)