Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The one thing this team needs to get back to the CFP

2»

Comments

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,600

Big back, buck, QB, WR,

All of those have crossed my mind.

The WRs should be significantly better next year, have heard great things about Spiker and he takes off his redshirt. Andre B. proved he can be a threat in space and I anticipate Ty Jones taking the next step (or else Austin Osborne will over take him). The X-factor is if Chico McClatcher comes back because he's a dangerous gadget guy out of the slot.

QB: Eason obviously won't be as mobile as Browning but he has the type of ceiling that can win you games

Big Back: Got nothing for you. I like Pleasant and he could be up to 210 lbs. but that's still not a big back. Locally for 2020, Sam Adams is 6'2" 200 lbs and it looks like the Huskies have offered him: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/sam-adams-208704#school-interests

Kendall Milton is bigger at 215 lbs: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/kendall-milton-11186#school-interests

Buck: Every time I think about Joe Tyron's breakout season in 2019, my crotch tightens. He has the length and athleticism we need.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    HFNY said:

Big back, buck, QB, WR,

The WRs should be significantly better next year, have heard great things about Spiker and he takes off his redshirt. Andre B. proved he can be a threat in space and I anticipate Ty Jones taking the next step (or else Austin Osborne will over take him). The X-factor is if Chico McClatcher comes back because he's a dangerous gadget guy out of the slot.

QB: Eason obviously won't be as mobile as Browning but he has the type of ceiling that can win you games

Big Back: Got nothing for you. I like Pleasant and he could be up to 210 lbs. but that's still not a big back. Locally for 2020, Sam Adams is 6'2" 200 lbs and it looks like the Huskies have offered him: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/sam-adams-208704#school-interests

Kendall Milton is bigger at 215 lbs: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/kendall-milton-11186#school-interests

Buck: Every time I think about Joe Tyron's breakout season in 2019, my crotch tightens. He has the length and athleticism we need.
    Kendall Milton didnt put us in his top 12 schools and right now is more likely to attend Frenso St than any Pac12 school.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    HFNY said:

...Eason obviously won't be as mobile as Browning...

That’s not obvs to me.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    Domicillo said:

HFNY said:

Big back, buck, QB, WR,

Kendall Milton didnt put us in his top 12 schools and right now is more likely to attend Frenso St than any Pac12 school.
    No he's not, stop it.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

Domicillo said:

HFNY said:

Big back, buck, QB, WR,

No he's not, stop it.
    I didn’t say he was, I said it more likely he’d go to Fresno than a Pac12 school (usc only one in his top 10)
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

HFNY said:

Big back, buck, QB, WR,

No he's not, stop it.
    I didn’t say he was, I said it more likely he’d go to Fresno than a Pac12 school (usc only one in his top 10)
    I know, and I'm saying he's not more likely to go to Fresno than a P12 school.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,196
    Pass rush. The defense doesn't create nearly enough turnovers. The offense should be getting at least one short field, easy to a game.

I really think the Tedford is the savior stuff is overblown. We had a good team and things clicked.

The OL was a little thinner depth wise, but pretty good.

We had two good RB’s.

Browning was more decisive and hadn’t been criticized (this was a bigger factor than some think).

Ross and Pettis on the outside.

Dissly and Sample were destroying guys.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think Tedford did as much as many on the board believe.

Yep.

Tedford is a doog legend.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Nobody here can definitively say what Tedford did in his role, let alone articulate why he was chiefly responsible for the offense’s success. It’s fucking stupid how much of a meme you’ve turned this Tedford thing into.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,364
    edited January 2019

Tedford is a doog legend.

• BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028

Nobody here can definitively say what Tedford did in his role, let alone articulate why he was chiefly responsible for the offense’s success. It’s fucking stupid how much of a meme you’ve turned this Tedford thing into.

I'm enjoying it
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,781 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

2001400ex said:

What was it about Tedford that allowed Pete to pursue and relinquish control? Why didn't Pete retain anything from Tedford's time here? Is the solution another Tedford or record setting WR's?

Can the Tedford scenario be duplicated?

I think it can be duplicated, but you have to find someone who is smart and willing to work for $30k or whatever the pay is.

My impression is that position only really watches film and finds the exploits in the other team. They don't worry about recruiting, or anything else. And during the game they only have to worry about one thing, and can give advice to the playcaller, stuff the playcaller doesn't really see.
    Pete has to hire someone who is willing to tell him “no” and that he is wrong AND has the background/results to back it up.

Tedford worked because he had the experience of being a real coach, knew what he was doing, was willing to tell guys “above him” STFU I know what I’m doing, while having a resume to back it up.

IMO what Tedford did is not going to replicated because there aren’t that many guys like that out there.
    So agreeing... then we need two WR’s with NFL talent to emerge off the current roster and combine for 4 million receiving yards and 100 td’s next year.

We fucked.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,677 Founders Club
    NO MORE WR MIGITS