Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Eastern plays for real natty tomorrow @9am on ESPN2

2»

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

This is about as meaningful as the intermural, flag football championship my friends and I played for at UW.

You play zone?
    Man on the outside, 2 man zone in the middle, 3 man line, blitz packages too complex to describe here.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    we ? are coming back
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

chuck said:

This is about as meaningful as the intermural, flag football championship my friends and I played for at UW.

You play zone?
    Man on the outside, 2 man zone in the middle, 3 man line, blitz packages too complex to describe here.

It’s harder when you have shitty players going up against man.

But zone you can tell them to run about 5 yards and sit down.

Zone man concepts in flag football basically make you the best defense in the league, rather easily.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

You play zone?

Zone man concepts in flag football basically make you the best defense in the league, rather easily.
    If they are playing intramurals, the QB isn’t going to be able to throw. It was so easy to bait them into picks. You’re not getting beat 30-40 yards downfield .

chuck said:

chuck said:

You play zone?

If they are playing intramurals, the QB isn’t going to be able to throw. It was so easy to bait them into picks. You’re not getting beat 30-40 yards downfield .
    I picked apart people 30-40 yards down the field but I played QB in HS. If you have someone that can get deep it’s a cheat code.

We won every game by 21+.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    did you get a Trophy?
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

You play zone?

I picked apart people 30-40 yards down the field but I played QB in HS. If you have someone that can get deep it’s a cheat code.

There was rarely time to throw the ball that far down the field except on simple fly patterns. The pass rush was hard to slow down with the rules they had. We generated a few big plays in most games with fake sweeps and rollouts which could buy time for double moves or crossing routes. The teams we played either relied on jump balls down the sideline or option running plays. The only team that gave us a game, and beat us on the bogus safety, just kept throwing it up to their tall receivers. We gave up 1 long td, but picked off several passes too.

This was not high end football, even by intramural standards. I'm 5'8" and had a strong arm but could barely grip a regulation size football, yet I was the best qb we saw by a wide margin.
    edited January 2019
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

You play zone?

There was rarely time to throw the ball that far down the field except on simple fly patterns. The pass rush was hard to slow down with the rules they had. We generated a few big plays in most games with fake sweeps and rollouts which could buy time for double moves or crossing routes. The teams we played either relied on jump balls down the sideline or option running plays. The only team that gave us a game, and beat us on the bogus safety, just kept throwing it up to their tall receivers. We gave up 1 long td, but picked off several passes too.

This was not high end football, even by intramural standards. I'm 5'8" and had a strong arm but could barely grip a regulation size football, yet I was the best qb we saw by a wide margin.
    I would just roll out left. Have the outside guy run a guy. Slot guy on opposite side runs a long crossing route. Slot guy on left runs a 5 yard hook. It worked almost every time.

I’m like 6 ft and have a good arm. It was super fun.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

You play zone?

I would just roll out left. Have the outside guy run a guy. Slot guy on opposite side runs a long crossing route. Slot guy on left runs a 5 yard hook. It worked almost every time.

Must have been nice having Harv on your team.

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

You play zone?

I would just roll out left. Have the outside guy run a go route. Slot guy on opposite side runs a long crossing route. Slot guy on left runs a 5 yard hook. It worked almost every time.

Fixed