Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Browning is a scapegoat...

For the larger underlying problems with this program...

We will see similar struggles next year with Eason, mark my words... then who will be to blame? Probably some random assistant position coaches because Eason is tall and handsome and Petersen remains to be untouchable to this crowd.

Fuck petersen and fuck all you doogs.

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The QB is the most important position on the field. There are other problems with this team. No one is suggesting otherwise. A great QB can compensate for those issues more than anyone else. Hence why the QB gets the most credit for his teams success.

Jake rather than compensating exercerbates those problems. That's why he's a fair target

16 td 10 int as a 4th year senior starter is fucking terrible.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I've gone through a few more threads and I do see some dooging/rationalizing going on
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

The QB is the most important position on the field. There are other problems with this team. No one is suggesting otherwise. A great QB can compensate for those issues more than anyone else. Hence why the QB gets the most credit for his teams success.

Jake rather than compensating exercerbates those problems. That's why he's a fair target

When Eason's numbers are less than stellar, then what? Jake Browning wasn't perfect today but he didn't piss me off either, it wasn't his fault he was given wayyyy too much to do, and most of the drops weren't his fault, that has to be on the wide receiver coaches. He doesn't call the plays. It's on the coaches, and if they don't get their shit together Eason isn't going to magically fix everything.
  • Options
    ZoneUW said:

dhdawg said:

When Eason's numbers are less than stellar, then what? Jake Browning wasn't perfect today but he didn't piss me off either, it wasn't his fault he was given wayyyy too much to do, and most of the drops weren't his fault, that has to be on the wide receiver coaches. He doesn't call the plays. It's on the coaches, and if they don't get their shit together Eason isn't going to magically fix everything.
    How about we wait until eason's numbers are actually underwhelming before asking this question?
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

There were drops yes. He also threw behind a lot of wide open receivers.

I'm not going to argue that he had a perfect game, or that he's a good quarterback. But he wasn't what cost us the win today.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    ZoneUW said:

dhdawg said:

he wasn't what cost us the win today.
    Well he is as certainly a big problem...again.

Nobody is “dooging” here, at least that I can see. Lots of angry people
  • Options
    ZoneUW said:

dhdawg said:

I'm not going to argue that he had a perfect game, or that he's a good quarterback. But he wasn't what cost us the win today.
    Ok so then what is the point of your post?
    QB is the most important position. If you agree that he isn't good isn't that pretty important ?
  • Options
    Passion said:

ZoneUW said:

dhdawg said:

he wasn't what cost us the win today.
    Well he is as certainly a big problem...again.

Nobody is “dooging” here, at least that I can see. Lots of angry people
    I see too much of the "wait till this new recruiting class arrives and eason starts" "2020 is gonna be speshul" sentiment. I'll believe "speshul" when I see it on the field.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    dhdawg said:

ZoneUW said:

dhdawg said:

QB is the most important position. If you agree that he isn't good isn't that pretty important ?
    He isn't good but he was good enough today to win and we didn't win.

Where was his big pants shitting moment? Haskins had some shit throws today as well.
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

ZoneUW said:

dhdawg said:

ZoneUW said:

dhdawg said:

He isn't good but he was good enough today to win and we didn't win.

Where was his big pants shitting moment? Haskins had some shit throws today as well.
    He wasn't good enough to win. Did you watch the first 3 quarters?
    Missed a wide open Fuller on 3rd down that gave ohio state the ball back leading to a TD.
    Missed a wide open Hunter Bryant which would have gained 40+ yards.
    Wide open bacellia which he had the ball batted down which led to a punt in the 4th quarter.
    Fuller was wide open on a 4th down in the 3rd quarter. He threw it late allowing the defender to recover.
    Multiple negative plays on 3rd and short while we were in 4 down territory

Jesus Christ dude he was the quarterback of a team that scored 3 points in 3 quarters against a terrible defense. 5.7 ypa. no passing td over his last 3 games. What is your standand?

You're going to point to the drops but ignore the great catches made by fuller and Bryant that brought us back. Fuck off.
    Dude I fucking hate jake browning. I also hate the mentality that he and he alone is what's wrong with this program and that once eason is behind center everything is going to be magically fixed.
  • Options
    So you agree that Browning sucks but you don't think Eason will make a positive difference even though we've never actually seen him suit up in a husky uniform. you also think there is nothing to suggest that latu will be better than wooching.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Jakes a friend, not an inspiring leader.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,311
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ZoneUW said:

Dude I fucking hate jake browning. I also hate the mentality that he and he alone is what's wrong with this program and that once eason is behind center everything is going to be magically fixed.

I haven't been around on boreds much this past two years but that doog sentiment isn't shared here.

I for one don't think Skinny is the answer to fix this offense because he sure wasn't the answer for UGA and I doubt he will be for us.

Of course the problem is more than Browning but the reason he gets shit on more than anyone is simple -- he played like a bitch since late 2016 season.

I also understand some of the optimism behind Eason and what he will bring to the offense that Browning simply didn't since 2016.

And I say didn't because Browning could have played like he did in the last 12 minutes of the Rose Bowl and his first two seasons this past two years -- quick decision, aggressive and trusting and using the tools around him.

You can't say Browning played good enough to win today after watching first 48 minutes of the game.

Like many, I didn't expect much from him before the game because Browning decided to become a passive, scared fuck behind the center this past two seasons.

However, I still thought we had a chance, albeit it was more of 10% chance of winning, only because of our defense and our run game.

I was surprised by two things today: one, our offensive line got destroyed by the Buckeyes' front seven all game long and two, our defense couldn't make tackles.

I thought our line's size and experience matched just about even against OSU's front seven -- what the fuck happened there?

I also understand the size of our defensive personnel continues and needs to be upgraded, but I also thought we had just enough to make stops.

I noticed the tone on BBK changed drastically since three years ago on the bored but I still stand by my opinion and he still is who he was -- an undersized, try hard linebacker.

The guy either gets dragged for a few more yards after contact or he make tackles with his back on the ground majority of the time.

Fuck man, I'm not even saying the guy sucks -- fuck, I love his effort and what he's all about.

The beef I have with him is not really on him but on Petersen that a speedy undersized LB is your best tackler and player in that position for a conference champion this past two seasons and you are wondering why we haven't won anything fucking meaningful outside of conference championship games.

BBK works against inferior or even sized competition but he's not your answer and don't expect him to put a thud or hell even an instant tackle against superior sized teams that's competing for a national title.

Hell, the best tackler on this team is BMFM and even midget Myles Bryant is a better tackler than BBK.

This program has so many areas to much improve before we can really compete against other conference's cream of the crop.

We are what we are right now -- a third tier, top 15 ceiling program.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It is what it is. Any rational fan knows we're a top 15-20 program and to get higher means levelling up through recruiting, which we are.

But that's gonna take time.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 757
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    animate said:

It is what it is. Any rational fan knows we're a top 15-20 program and to get higher means levelling up through recruiting, which we are.

But that's gonna take time.

And a better OC