Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2019 will be interesting

It’s the next chapter in the era. New uniforms will hopefully be the icon of change and we will be replacing our 4 year QB, 4 year RB, 4 year DT(s), Star DBs (again) and BBK. Despite the better recruiting there is still a lot of uncertainty on what next year will hold. There is talent but that doesn’t always equate to on field certainty, it just gives us more of a chance at better outcomes.

- How will Eason change the offense? It can only be for the better, I hope. The offense itself though needs to change, it needs to be easier to run.
- What will our WR core look like? Are we going to keep Fuller at WR1 when he should be slot? Is Jones going to be able to separate, to catch the ball? Will Spiker and Osborne see significant playing time? Will we have a baller like Ford? Who the hell knows..
- RB is a big question. I don’t see a workhorse back honestly. I’d like to see Lowe get moved to a 3rd down back, or a scat back. Pleasant can run between the tackles but that’s about it. I wish Ahmed could bc he would be so good with skill but he folds like a lawn chair.
- OLine should hold up?
- TEs actually going to be utilized? Now would be the perfect time..

DLine - We are going to be rotating so many young kids I honestly have no idea how this is going to go.
Buck/OLB - nothing changes, Tryon gets better and hopefully Ngata. I don’t think Benning breaks out.
ILB - Beavers is about to medically retire. We have Wellington... and young kids, nothing that blows me away though.
CB - fine
S - ?

Our D should be fine but will it be elite like the last 3 years?

Everyone says favorable schedule... sure, I don’t disagree. I wouldn’t be surprised if we just started carving people up in the passing game. And doing enough on defense to win. I wouldn’t be surprised if we went 12-0, I wouldn’t be surprised if we went 9-3. I have no idea what to think of 2019 and I am not just as blindly confident as everyone on these boards but I would like to be. Convince me on why I should be so confident in 2019. And non of this doog bs please.

Drunk poster. Out.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,571
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's completely dooging at this point going into year 6 but good coaches admit (at least to themselves) that their shit offense isn't working and make the needed changes whatever those are.

I don't give a fuck about the defense. It will never dip below solid to good.

Recruiting. Coffee cups. A fucking offense.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Ty Jones a.k.a. Brayden Dickey Jr. needs to figure his shit out or transfer to Montana State.

Lost all respect for Ty when he admitted he couldn't deal well with a rough housing older brother.

Way to out yourself as a massive beta pushover.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    MisterEm said:

Ty Jones a.k.a. Brayden Dickey Jr. needs to figure his shit out or transfer to Montana State.

Lost all respect for Ty when he admitted he couldn't deal well with a rough housing older brother.

Funny enough, the Times article on Rapp declaring had this quote:

Taylor Rapp, three years younger, always looked up to Austin. And he wanted to keep up with big brother and his friends, even if it meant playing the role of neighborhood guinea pig, and even if meant he took a pounding every once in awhile.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

MisterEm said:

Funny enough, the Times article on Rapp declaring had this quote:

Taylor Rapp, three years younger, always looked up to Austin. And he wanted to keep up with big brother and his friends, even if it meant playing the role of neighborhood guinea pig, and even if meant he took a pounding every once in awhile.
    #GangRappCulture