Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A Glimpse Into Our? Future

It's a slow day, and I feel like teasing you fucks.

I can't post the full article, but here are some quotes from an article on the Athletic:

Here’s senior linebacker Ben Burr-Kirven, the Pac-12 defensive player of the year: “I don’t think I’ve seen someone with the physical talents he has at quarterback. He throws the ball harder than anyone I’ve ever seen do it. He’s one of those guys that almost has to pull off a little bit when he’s throwing to receivers, or else they’re not going to catch the ball.”

And senior cornerback Jordan Miller: “I’m excited to see what he’s going to do next year. I think he’s going to do some things that people are not going to be expecting. Deep balls are on point. Intermediate routes are on point. He never gets flustered. He’s super calm and poised. … If a guy is going to look open 50 yards down the field, he’s going to throw it 70 and let him run under it. He has a cannon. That’s the biggest thing, he can put the ball out there. He can really just sit in the pocket and zip it. It’s something you can’t even describe until you see it. He just puts the ball right there.”

And sophomore cornerback Byron Murphy: “There’s days where any type of route, he’s going to put the ball where it’s supposed to be. Just covering that, you know your details have to be there, and when he’s throwing the ball, you’ve got to be on top of your keys.”

Burr-Kirven said, “I’m telling you, we get yelled at by Coach Lake all day because he’ll tear us up here and there. Almost every day in practice, (there are) at least one or two throws where we watch film, and Coach is like, ‘Yeah, there’s nothing you can do,’ ” Burr-Kirven said. “It’s just, ‘Wow.’ He does things that you don’t normally see on a football field. Like I said, physically, the throws he can make are almost unnatural sometimes. He’ll be throwing the ball across his body, on a line, 40 yards across the field, and you just don’t see that very often, other than maybe watching Brett Favre tape back in the day. He’s definitely a different guy.

“There’s nothing that guy can’t do on the field,” Burr-Kirven said. “So I’m really, really excited to see what he’s going to do the next couple years here. I think he’s going to tear up the league when he gets his shot.”

Comments