Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Arroyo Seco Jan 1 weather fupdate

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,012 Founders Club
Antonio de Padua María Severino López de Santa Anna y Pérez de Lebrón (Spanish pronunciation: [anˈtonjo ˈlopes ðe sant(a)ˈana]; 21 February 1794 – 21 June 1876),[1] often known as Santa Anna[2] or López de Santa Anna, was a Mexican politician and general who fought to defend royalist New Spain and then for Mexican independence. He greatly influenced early Mexican politics and government, and was an adept soldier and cunning politician, who dominated Mexican history in the first half of the nineteenth century to such an extent that historians often refer to it as the "Age of Santa Anna".[3] He was called "the Man of Destiny", who "loomed over his time like a melodramatic colossus, the uncrowned monarch."[4] Santa Anna first opposed the movement for Mexican independence from Spain, but then fought in support of it. Though not the first caudillo (military leader) of modern Mexico, he "represents the stereotypical caudillo in Mexican history," and among the earliest.[5][6] Conservative historian, intellectual, and politician Lucas Alamán wrote that "The history of Mexico since 1822 might accurately be called the history of Santa Anna's revolutions.... His name plays the major role in all the political events of the country and its destiny has become intertwined with his."[7]

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited December 2018
    I don’t get it
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,012 Founders Club

I don’t get it

Santa Ana winds blowing in skrong from the desert on Game Day. Could see gusts in the 30s. @RaceBannon @CirrhosisDawg care to elaborate?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Ana_winds
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028

I don’t get it

Santa Ana winds blowing in skrong from the desert on Game Day. Could see gusts in the 30s. @RaceBannon @CirrhosisDawg care to elaborate?

Good thing Jake's arm is strong enough not to be affected
    BearsWiin said:

I don’t get it

Good thing Jake's arm is strong enough not to be affected
    Wind doesn’t affect @StrongArmCobra . It’s weak and shitty either way. Windy game = advantage #DBU.

I hope this is the DAWGS’ Protestant Wind coming in to wipe out the Ohio State armada.

*I’m about to head to the airport so I don’t have time to Photoshop Jen Cohen’s face onto Elizabeth’s portrait.

May Prorestant God be on our side. Urbs is Catholic. God has already favored Dabo over Notre Dame. Am I right @dnc or am I right?

The stadium sits in a natural bowl in the Arroyo Seco which means dry stream bed or public golf course in Spanish

The wind should blow right over the top

I’m gonna wait for Cal-exit Dwag to weigh in.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    Pasadena went through a hellacious wind storm Thursday night-Friday morning. No one is throwing the ball in those conditions. I’m hearing there will be cool temperatures in the mid 50s Tuesday with sunny skies, and if the SA’s are blowing it’s not supposed to be like the 80-90 mph winds we had this week. Race is right though that once the sun sets at halftime it’s going to be cold (mid to high 40s).
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

Pasadena went through a hellacious wind storm Thursday night-Friday morning. No one is throwing the ball in those conditions. I’m hearing there will be cool temperatures in the mid 50s Tuesday with sunny skies, and if the SA’s are blowing it’s not supposed to be like the 80-90 mph winds we had this week. Race is right though that once the sun sets at halftime it’s going to be cold (mid to high 40s).

That’s when you get the last laugh at those that were snickering at your big puffy Starter jacket earlier in the day though.
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,268 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2018
    PurpleJ said:

Antonio de Padua María Severino López de Santa Anna y Pérez de Lebrón (Spanish pronunciation: [anˈtonjo ˈlopes ðe sant(a)ˈana]; 21 February 1794 – 21 June 1876),[1] often known as Santa Anna[2] or López de Santa Anna, was a Mexican politician and general who fought to defend royalist New Spain and then for Mexican independence. He greatly influenced early Mexican politics and government, and was an adept soldier and cunning politician, who dominated Mexican history in the first half of the nineteenth century to such an extent that historians often refer to it as the "Age of Santa Anna".[3] He was called "the Man of Destiny", who "loomed over his time like a melodramatic colossus, the uncrowned monarch."[4] Santa Anna first opposed the movement for Mexican independence from Spain, but then fought in support of it. Though not the first caudillo (military leader) of modern Mexico, he "represents the stereotypical caudillo in Mexican history," and among the earliest.[5][6] Conservative historian, intellectual, and politician Lucas Alamán wrote that "The history of Mexico since 1822 might accurately be called the history of Santa Anna's revolutions.... His name plays the major role in all the political events of the country and its destiny has become intertwined with his."[7]

We are all witnesses.
    Fuck Lebrón and fuck the Lakers. Staying down here at LA Live trying to go get a bite to eat and all these fucking douchey NBA fans are clogging up shit.

Did just see Jenn Cohen in a revealing cocktail dress though so that was cool. Sorry @Swaye @PurpleThrobber etc - no pics.