Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Bowl Game that we're playing on Tuesday

2»

Comments

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    This thread got me thinking I've seen UW play Ohio State three times and am posting a 1-2 record.
    94 W(Kaufman)
    95 L (Eddie George in the Shoe)
    07 L (Halftime Score: Locker 7, tOSU 3)

This will be my first Rose Bowl. Would love to even the score, but we tend to lose a lot when I'm there.)
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,546 Founders Club
    It's sort of a misnomer. In the old system, we would have gone to the Rose Bowl in 2017. Either way, it has been a while...We lost at least six games in 13/14 years. It was awful.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

Born in 72 and I don’t remember the first 2 Rose Bowls under James at all. I remember we? beat Iowa 28-0 and asking myself, where the fuck is Iowa and why is everyone so excited we beat the Hawkeyes and why is there a team named after the character on MASH?

Between then and the next time against Iowa, I started falling in love with college football although being the product of a catholic school and their success at the time, I loved Notre Dame along with Washington. By time we? played the Irish in 95, I was constantly asked who I was rooting for. It wasn’t until I walked into the bar and saw the game being played that I left the Irish for good.

I remember watching the 91 RB with my parents not knowing mom would die before the next game. On January 1st, 1992, I was home from basic training and watched the game with my 2 dads, my brothers and a guy named Mike who would died shortly afterwards. Maybe I should only the RB with people I don’t like?

By time the 93 RB rolled around, I was stationed in Korea getting yellow fever and probably a few other diseases. One of my roommates was a Michigan fan and yeah, he fit every Midwest trash stereotype that existed. I didn’t know it’d be another 8 years until we? made it back. I think we all got a little spoiled under the Dawgfather.

I was married and had a 3 year old for the 2000 season. I remember watching and thinking we’re back under Rick. Fast forward to today and I feel confident about our? chances to get a little more often under Peterman.

I died after our Cal adventure
    You're welcome
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
    edited December 2018

About 3 months after I was born my folks left me with my aunt so they could go watch Warren Moon and the Huskies best Michigan in the 78 Rose Bowl

4 and a half months after I was born we were rooting together at the RB. 93 had me road tripping with HS buddy, his parents and another buddy due to my set-up for seats. Missed out the years I was at the UDub thanks to fucking UCLA and that bullshit, then was too broke to go in 2001 thanks to my introduction to the real world. I'm not missing this one (knock on wood) and the wife and I have the grandparents watching the kiddos for a mad dash to Pasadena. We won't be sleeping after the game until we board the plane in LAX at 4:15am the following morning. I look forward to the memories of this one and hopefully we come out with the dub to make it that much sweeter.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Due to my peaking juvenile delinquency, I defiantly moved in with my sister in Alaska to finish the 2nd half of my senior year of high school. There, under the terms of a plea deal for 4th degree assault, I assembled roller skates at the Y as a means of community service. I watched the '93 Rose Bowl by myself in my sisters basement.

My parents attended the Rose Bowl while my older brother threw a 2 day NY's/RB bash at my parents house with all of our friends.

My dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer just before my birthday in March of '93 and died in May.

I had diarrhea yesterday.

Am I using this platform correctly?

YBFE