Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rashynolyzashun

What fan base said this?

F the ratings. All of our initial guys are 3 stars. That's plenty good. The ratings are skewed towards the 4 and 5 star guys. Get a couple of 4 stars and you leave Xxx in the dust. Has worked out great on the field for Oregon the last 4 years. Plus, when/if we sign a couple of non rated guys (like some JC's are, or unknown's like the Pasco guy) our rating plummets. Shahman for instance, is unrated - so that's a "0" star and knocks us down a few notches in the rankings.

Would I like to see us sign 25 4 and 5 stars every year? Of course. Are the 4 stars really that much more talented than our 3 stars? I'm sure some are, but others......? And would all these 4 and 5 stars pan out? Well, let's see. How many of them transfer because they aren't enshrined the day they set foot on campus? How many quit their teams before bowl games, leave early, etc? How many simply don't pan out, period? How many are all about themselves, rather than their team?

So yeah I'll take our class of solid 3 star guys any day.

Comments

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    edited December 2018
    No.

think speshul-er
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,267 Swaye's Wigwam
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,138
    edited December 2018

What fan base said this?

F the ratings. All of our initial guys are 3 stars. That's plenty good. The ratings are skewed towards the 4 and 5 star guys. Get a couple of 4 stars and you leave Xxx in the dust. Has worked out great on the field for Oregon the last 4 years. Plus, when/if we sign a couple of non rated guys (like some JC's are, or unknown's like the Pasco guy) our rating plummets. Shahman for instance, is unrated - so that's a "0" star and knocks us down a few notches in the rankings.

Would I like to see us sign 25 4 and 5 stars every year? Of course. Are the 4 stars really that much more talented than our 3 stars? I'm sure some are, but others......? And would all these 4 and 5 stars pan out? Well, let's see. How many of them transfer because they aren't enshrined the day they set foot on campus? How many quit their teams before bowl games, leave early, etc? How many simply don't pan out, period? How many are all about themselves, rather than their team?

LOL "The ratings are skewed towards the 4 and 5 star guys" part.

Its almost like if you recruit and sign better players you get a higher rated class.

Mind.Blown
  • PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    Pasco guy gave if away, gotta be the cuog
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club
    EwaDawg said:

What fan base said this?

LOL "The ratings are skewed towards the 4 and 5 star guys" part.

Its almost like if you recruit and sign better players you get a higher rated class.

Mind.Blown
    Rich people seem to have more money