Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ohana Weekend Thread

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Crawfish said:

Kayvon Thibodeaux committed to Oregon. I really thought he was headed to Alabama. Nice get for the ducks.

Instead of hoping for an injury, I'll hope he becomes a devout christian and goes on a missionary trip to some remote island in the Indian ocean.
    Nah, I'm going to hope their schedule next year exposes Cristobal, he gets fired, and more than half that class transfers with no restrictions before ever seeing meaningful playing time.
    the incoming recruiting class at oregon next year will be all cristolball... they won't let the admin make that decision.
    when you consider the shit immediately before Cristo, I think it's fair to give him last year's and this year's recruiting class. can you imagine trying to clean up a Helfrich class? and then trying to fix what Willie had done?

this is all Mario, for better and for worse, these classes are his. like I've said, he can fucking recruit. he was a big, big part of what happened at Miami in the last 90s and early 2000s. Butch Davis isn't that great.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Where thee fuck are the OV twats
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Where thee fuck are the OV twats

Grundle, you are a pseudo historian of this bored. Can me remind me what the timeline was like last year after the final OV of the early signing period? Tyia.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Crawfish said:

Kayvon Thibodeaux committed to Oregon. I really thought he was headed to Alabama. Nice get for the ducks.

Instead of hoping for an injury, I'll hope he becomes a devout christian and goes on a missionary trip to some remote island in the Indian ocean.
    Nah, I'm going to hope their schedule next year exposes Cristobal, he gets fired, and more than half that class transfers with no restrictions before ever seeing meaningful playing time.
    the incoming recruiting class at oregon next year will be all cristolball... they won't let the admin make that decision.
    when you consider the shit immediately before Cristo, I think it's fair to give him last year's and this year's recruiting class. can you imagine trying to clean up a Helfrich class? and then trying to fix what Willie had done?

this is all Mario, for better and for worse, these classes are his. like I've said, he can fucking recruit. he was a big, big part of what happened at Miami in the last 90s and early 2000s. Butch Davis isn't that great.
    I'm hearing that if Mario doesn't go at least 9-3 in 2018 with this cupcake schedule he'll be shown the door.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    All these polys bringing that swag back to the Dub. I love it.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    We’ve become THE poly progrum.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tuputala's host on his visit was MJ Tafisi, but really, with all of the Polynesian prospects on campus, it was more of a group effort.

"MJ is a cool dude and we talked about his experience a lot, but really, all us Polys just hung out and spent time bonding," Tuputala noted. "We hung out with Kyle (Patterson) and Kamren (Fabiculanan) too, but each night, once we started doing stuff later with the players, it was all us Polys hanging out.

"The brotherhood thing there is big. They really stress that you are all brothers and you fight for each other and take care of each other and the players all live that too."
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Tuputala's host on his visit was MJ Tafisi, but really, with all of the Polynesian prospects on campus, it was more of a group effort.

"MJ is a cool dude and we talked about his experience a lot, but really, all us Polys just hung out and spent time bonding," Tuputala noted. "We hung out with Kyle (Patterson) and Kamren (Fabiculanan) too, but each night, once we started doing stuff later with the players, it was all us Polys hanging out.

"The brotherhood thing there is big. They really stress that you are all brothers and you fight for each other and take care of each other and the players all live that too."

Translation: We are all brothers except for the Philippino and white dude. But we are all brothers.
    So, non-polys are...step brothers?