Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hall of Fame

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Watching Bobby Wagner last night I had the thought that he has the longevity to make the Hall when he is done. Played on one of the greatest defenses of all time and has a ring and two trips. Still playing at a high level and maybe will be there for another run

Chancellor may be the best but his career was cut short. Sherman also got hurt. Thomas is hurt and gone. For as good as the D was it may have burned out too quick to have multiple members. Bennett is still playing but who knows how voters react to him

Offense is Wilson and a bunch of guys. Probably only Wilson makes the Hall

Carroll may not be good enough for the NFL Hall without another ring but is college Hall of Fame rather easily

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lynch maybe. I'd vote for him
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club
    sounds like you care
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    WTF does this have to do with how bad Jared Goff sucks when playing a defense with a pulse.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think the Hawks have a real good defense that Goff torched twice

11-2
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    ET's career is crazy similar to Kenny Easley's so far, and he probably has another year or two of Probe Owl level play ahead of him. I think he's in, though it might take a little while like it did for Easley. OTOH Thomas has a ring, so maybe it won't take as long.

Sherman it really depends what he does in SF. He has one less season than Earl but nearly two less seasons as a starter, so he has further to go. Incredible career though, and he has the fame part of the HOF in spades over any DB of his era. I think he's in.

Wagner isn't as flashy but damn he's good. Three First Team All Pros already with another probably in the works and a second team to his name. If I'm betting he'll get in, though I agree he needs another couple years of top level performance.

Bennett was a late bloomer who didn't do enough soon enough. He'll need to produce another four or five years to have a shot. I doubt he has it left in him.

Chancellor didn't have the flashy INT numbers of ET and Sherm, so he probably needed to play longer to get there. I don't think he makes it.

Lynch should get in but I don't think he will.

Carroll probably doesn't but who knows how much longer he coaches. If he can go another five years I bet he gets another ring and gets in. I don't think he has that much left.

Wilson is chronically underrated but he's damn near a lock.

I'd probably take the under on 5 but not confidently. I would guess these four make it in: RW, ET, RS, BW. Wouldn't at all be shocked to see one of the PC, ML, or KC get in. Would be shocked to see Bennett make it.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rams aren’t beating the Hawks three times. Take the screenshots. They have peaked. Their defense is playing better, but Kupp was a big loss and Goff will choke.