Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We should bring in Hugh Freeze as an offensive consultant for 1 year

2»

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,541 Swaye's Wigwam
    We should go air raid so we can just make excuses for all of our losses.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    edited December 2018
    It's more than just Ross. Chico was legit with Tedford.
  • BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511

Baphomet said:

Or just have Browning graduate and any offense would flourish

There's more to it.

See 2016 when Tedford was here, and our offense went down as soon as he left even though we had the same players.
    I think you underestimate the impact John Ross had. Having a guy who could get so open that Browning can underthrew him by ten yards and still complete the pass made a huge difference. Tedford just happened to be here the year Ross was healthy and had an actual receivers coach to teach him how to run routes.

Losing Ross >>>> Losing Tedford
    Both were issues, but we can actually see the drop off in the 2016 season after Tedford left for the Fresno job, which he accepted Nov 9, 2016.

In the six Pac12 games when Tedford was still here, we averaged 48 points per game.

In the four Pac12 games after Tedford left for the Fresno job, we averaged 36 pointers per game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Washington_Huskies_football_team

It could be that our SOS was slightly harder in the last 4 games, but I think Tedford was doing more for our offense, in terms of preparing weekly game plans (scouting the other team's D), than most people give him credit for.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

Or just have Browning graduate and any offense would flourish

There's more to it.

See 2016 when Tedford was here, and our offense went down as soon as he left even though we had the same players.
    I think you underestimate the impact John Ross had. Having a guy who could get so open that Browning can underthrew him by ten yards and still complete the pass made a huge difference. Tedford just happened to be here the year Ross was healthy and had an actual receivers coach to teach him how to run routes.

Losing Ross >>>> Losing Tedford
    Both were issues, but we can actually see the drop off in the 2016 season after Tedford left for the Fresno job, which he accepted Nov 9, 2016.

In the six Pac12 games when Tedford was still here, we averaged 48 points per game.

In the four Pac12 games after Tedford left for the Fresno job, we averaged 36 pointers per game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Washington_Huskies_football_team

It could be that our SOS was slightly harder in the last 4 games, but I think Tedford was doing more for our offense, in terms of preparing weekly game plans (scouting the other team's D), than most people give him credit for.
    Do we consider Jake's shoulder a factor in this or naw?

I've gone back and forth.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Liberty is a fucking joke, lol. First they hire Baylor's AD, then they hire Hugh Freeze... Yeah I'm sure this will go well

Just win baby.
    Generally yes.

A school with Liberty's stated mission and purpose for being, no.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

Liberty is a fucking joke, lol. First they hire Baylor's AD, then they hire Hugh Freeze... Yeah I'm sure this will go well

Just win baby.
    Generally yes.

A school with Liberty's stated mission and purpose for being, no.
    I mean its a given that they are massive hypocrites. We didn't need this episode to know that.

But I am sure they are thinking a successful football program is the best way to get free publicity with which to proselytize and bring more unsaved souls into the flock and thereby do the most good.