Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

USC Respects Our Recruiting (Or their fans do anyway)

This is some of the choice reactions about all the CBs for McDuffie to UW.

1)

How shocking another lost DB to UW

2)

New DB "U".

3)

Another one bites the dust on the recruiting front.

I'd love to have Jimmy Lake as our DC and DB coach.

4)

Chris Petersen. Ugh.

5)

DBU West. Can’t blame the kid. Besides Biggie none of our CBs progressed as we hoped.

6)

People are going to give me crap about this comment but there’s no real reason an elite dB recruit should choose usc over Washington at this point. They have proven to be “DBU”. Desmond trufant, marcus Peters, Sidney Jones, Kevin king, Buddha baker, Taylor rap, and Byron Murphy. Next year it’ll be Myles Bryant. They’re also on a streak with d lineman as well.

7)

He's rolling - even with an average roster. 1st or T-1 in the North the last 3 years.

12 wins - 2016
10 wins - 2017
10 wins (Pac 12 Champs - Rose Bowl) - 2018

8)

The scary part is that the talent has just started to improve. They are only going to get better.

9)

And Browning won't be around to hold them back anymore.

Eason will be there next year.

10)

Eason with Huard lined up next

11)

yes. his last two classes were good. maybe around 20 4 stars or so. those players are young. uw will get better. he has had a 3 star team up until now for the most part. he even has a good amount 2 stars and lower level 3 stars up there. but since he started winning 10 plus. he has started to recruit a higher level.

12)

Exactly. His classes have gotten better and now Browning is out of the way. This incoming class may be their best they've had. They are going to be great in a couple of years.

13)

petresen is a solid recruiter. there is very little overall talent in the northwest. so he has to come all the way to ca to get it. and there he must compete with 4 well rounded schools with top academics. and those schools are much closer to home than uw is. but he us starting to pull more high level recruits because he is winning. at sc, he would get great players just like all usc coaches do.

14)

cp does more with less. they have been the class of the pac 12 for the last 3 years. uw is very consistent. they blow out the most teams every year and get blown out the least. in fact, they literally never get blown out. that is doing more with less.

15)

Not disputing that. He is a good coach. Just laughing at how ardent fans of Petersen spin things - that was my point. We also keep hearing he does “more with less” like you just said. Really? Cause he gets huge salaries for his coaching staff, he has an amazing fan base, he has the full support of the AD and the school, he has top end facilities. What does he have less of? Lower ranked players? Well, he has more draft picks than SC since he’s been there and will have two more first rounders this year. So to me, it’s hard to argue he does more with less talent if that’s where you were going. Petersen has always been great at finding talent, and he has developed it. We have failed miserably there.

I’m a fan of Petersen. But I won’t look past the fact he has always had a hard time winning big games at WA and that he is 1-3 in bowl games. I think we can do better.

USC fans to HardcoreHusky

Comments