Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Should I stay or should I go?

animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN1WwnEDWAM

Taylor Rapp?

After a four-pick freshman season in 2016, many figured Rapp would be a three-year player for Chris Petersen at Washington. He had somewhat of a disappointing sophomore year but returned to form in 2018 with two picks, five tackles for loss, and four pass breakups to go along with an assortment of thudding tackles flying down from the secondary.

Should he stay or go? Go. Rapp has a more refined game than Thompson but teams may prefer the upside of the Alabama safety, which could lead to the latter being picked earlier.

Byron Murphy?

Only a redshirt sophomore, Murphy has emerged as a standout in a Huskies defensive backfield oozing with NFL talent. He had two picks ans seven pass breakups in 2017 which he then followed up with four picks and 13 passes defended in 2018.

Should he stay or go? Go. Advocating a redshirt sophomore to make the jump is somewhat rare, but Murphy is somewhat of a rare prospect. He's the twitchiest corner in major college football, has plenty of speed, and clearly has the awareness to play the football as its arriving. His football instincts are impeccable too. Not a big corner, Murphy can lock down the slot position, a task that's becoming more important each season in the NFL.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-draft-underclassmen-tracker-who-should-declare-who-should-go-back-to-school/

Oh, just to add something that caught my eye re: Deionte Thompson of Alabama

Like his teammate Quinnen Williams, Thompson went from infrequently used role player in 2017 to bonafide star this season for the Crimson Tide. Thompson has a versatile skill set thanks to his explosive athleticism.

Hopefully the staff are touching on this concept frequently with recruits.

At top programs, players patiently wait and get developed for a few years.

Then when the opportunity comes up they play, kick ass and then get drafted. You're like who the fuck is this guy? Oh well, it's that high 4* guy from a few years ago who's under the radar because he's being fucking developed!

The team then brings the next man up to do the same thing. Not like recruiting kids and playing them out of necessity before they are ready and trying to pass it off as some good thing ... I would hope that the croots understand this ... but many of those going to USC (well, hi Jude and Ethan! Who's your TE coach btw?) or UCLA (pre-Chip, hi Jaelen!) can't let go of the emotional regional and school attachment (ie: SoCal kids going to SoCal schools)

Enjoy Rapp/Murphy while we can.

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm herring their sitting out the bowl game
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    You should leave
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Murphy is gone for sure. I would not be surprised if Rapp come back
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I wonder if trey has a huge rosebowl will he make the jump, how much does he want to risk another injury?
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Rapp.... he gone.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    animate said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN1WwnEDWAM

Taylor Rapp?

After a four-pick freshman season in 2016, many figured Rapp would be a three-year player for Chris Petersen at Washington. He had somewhat of a disappointing sophomore year but returned to form in 2018 with two picks, five tackles for loss, and four pass breakups to go along with an assortment of thudding tackles flying down from the secondary.

Should he stay or go? Go. Rapp has a more refined game than Thompson but teams may prefer the upside of the Alabama safety, which could lead to the latter being picked earlier.

Byron Murphy?

Only a redshirt sophomore, Murphy has emerged as a standout in a Huskies defensive backfield oozing with NFL talent. He had two picks ans seven pass breakups in 2017 which he then followed up with four picks and 13 passes defended in 2018.

Should he stay or go? Go. Advocating a redshirt sophomore to make the jump is somewhat rare, but Murphy is somewhat of a rare prospect. He's the twitchiest corner in major college football, has plenty of speed, and clearly has the awareness to play the football as its arriving. His football instincts are impeccable too. Not a big corner, Murphy can lock down the slot position, a task that's becoming more important each season in the NFL.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-draft-underclassmen-tracker-who-should-declare-who-should-go-back-to-school/

Oh, just to add something that caught my eye re: Deionte Thompson of Alabama

Like his teammate Quinnen Williams, Thompson went from infrequently used role player in 2017 to bonafide star this season for the Crimson Tide. Thompson has a versatile skill set thanks to his explosive athleticism.

Hopefully the staff are touching on this concept frequently with recruits.

At top programs, players patiently wait and get developed for a few years.

Then when the opportunity comes up they play, kick ass and then get drafted. You're like who the fuck is this guy? Oh well, it's that high 4* guy from a few years ago who's under the radar because he's being fucking developed!

The team then brings the next man up to do the same thing. Not like recruiting kids and playing them out of necessity before they are ready and trying to pass it off as some good thing ... I would hope that the croots understand this ... but many of those going to USC (well, hi Jude and Ethan! Who's your TE coach btw?) or UCLA (pre-Chip, hi Jaelen!) can't let go of the emotional regional and school attachment (ie: SoCal kids going to SoCal schools)

Enjoy Rapp/Murphy while we can.

At Alabama only one starter on offense and 4 on defense red shirted.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    They’re both LEAVING as they should. The end.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    rapp had good year last year, they way the coaches used hil allowed him to make less plays.