Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How do we match up this year to OSU compared to PSU and Bama from years before?

I will be honest I have not watched Ohio State much this year. Saw highlights of the Michigan thrashing obviously and watched a bit of their championship game. Haskins is a beast but doesn't scare me as much as Mcsworley did last year. I am assuming their RBs are All Americans or will be because they reload at that position.

Their defense seems porous which I find weird with the kind of athletes and linemen they recruit. This game is a lot more winnable than Bama 16, and matchup wise seems better than PSU last year.

Ohio State 77 Washington 6

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    I’m not sure 10 pts will be enough. But they aren’t the juggernaut that Utah is. Either way it will be interesante’.

Good luck the rest of the way.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam
    Check this out...I was really worried about PSU last year. Ohio State does not have a duo of complete animals like Barkley and McSorely. Last year, PSU had lost 2 games by a total of 4 points...they easily could have been undefeated or 1 loss and on their way to the playoffs.

This year, OSU has gotten their fucking doors blasted off them by Purdue in Indiana. Also struggled on the road against Maryland and TCU.

We are not playing them in the Horse Shoe. We are on the West Coast. Peterman has lost the last 2 big games in respectable fashion, but he has to be pissed and wants to avoid 3. Our program needs this win.

All that said, OSU by a TD
  • ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    edited December 2018
    I think the biggest difference between now and last year is our secondary is playing better right now, and our offensive line is far ahead of where it was last year.

We still have the same shitty quarterback, but if Hamdan just commits to running the ball and working Sample Otton and Bryant into the passing game we should score some points.

That being said, Ohio State's offense is better than Bama's and Penn State's.
  • CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734

Check this out...I was really worried about PSU last year. Ohio State does not have a duo of complete animals like Barkley and McSorely. Last year, PSU had lost 2 games by a total of 4 points...they easily could have been undefeated or 1 loss and on their way to the playoffs.

This year, OSU has gotten their fucking doors blasted off them by Purdue in Indiana. Also struggled on the road against Maryland and TCU.

We are not playing them in the Horse Shoe. We are on the West Coast. Peterman has lost the last 2 big games in respectable fashion, but he has to be pissed and wants to avoid 3. Our program needs this win.

All that said, OSU by a TD

Why do you have to play with my emotions like that. I started getting hopeful and then you bash away my hopes and dreams.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Haskins is mobile but he's not a dual threat. Browning actually has more rush yards than him this year. I definitely feel more confident about our defense matching up against him vs McSorley last year.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Insert plunger gif
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    I like our defense and think we match up well if Jaylen is healthy. Except for Murphy and Taylor, the rest of the defense has big bowl experience.

The offensive line has really come together but is still vulnerable to the inside blitz. If we can establish a run game, I see Bush going 2:1 run/pass.

I like the Dawgs to shock the world and win in a squeaker.

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    they keep putting true freshman Nate Martin in at QB to run the ball whenever they get within about 6 yards of the end zone so that should tell you what you need to know about how their power run game stacks up to Penn States.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    Baseman said:

I like our defense and think we match up well if Jaylen is healthy. Except for Murphy and Taylor, the rest of the defense has big bowl experience.

The offensive line has really come together but is still vulnerable to the inside blitz. If we can establish a run game, I see Bush going 2:1 run/pass.

Murphy picked off McSorley last year.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Baseman said:

Taylor is a stud. He’s the least of my worries.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    How is this game going to be materially different from the last two bowel losses?

TOSU 99
    UW 2
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964
    Not a juggernaut OSU team, but you have to score points to win. They will.
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,249 Swaye's Wigwam
    Ohio State fans think they are going to blow us out, ha. They will be in for a surprise. They are delusional, they want to play Georgia. Georgia would bend them into the fetal position and go in dry.