Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2 years ago this week: don’t let the door hit you edition

This Championship week, I would like to shoutout Marlon Tui and Conor Wedington. Both of whom allowed other schools to come in and poach them while we were prepping for this game 2 years ago. Great decisions guys! Hopefully kids learn from your mistakes.

Comments

• Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Too late to build the wall for Marlon and his family?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

This Championship week, I would like to shoutout Marlon Tui and Conor Wedington. Both of whom allowed other schools to come in and poach them while we were prepping for this game 2 years ago. Great decisions guys! Hopefully kids learn from your mistakes.

Weddington and Sarrell have undeclared majors which is only available at Stanford apparently
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    Meek said:

Weddington and Sarrell have undeclared majors which is only available at Stanford apparently
    ::::looks at resumé::::

hmmmm, went to Stanford... intriguing. 3.3, hmmm, well it is hard... majored in Comm? But why? That’s strange. Usually people major in something decent at Stanford.

Hmmm, oh wait - football player. Fuck.

::::are you sure you want to delete this item?::::

Affirm.

::::trash emptying sound::::

well, I actually live here and I can actually see a scenario where some shitty, unnecessary Silicon Valley startup that has too much venture capital is ready to hire a communications team and Connor shows them the resume AND the snowboard video - hired on the spot...fast forward to 4 years later and he's rolling in cash from the ISOs he got during the Series b/c.

just kidding.
    I bet that shit happened far more than people realize. I bet some people banked on that.

In a sidenote: remember david choe who did some work for Facebook and took stocks instead of payment and when ipo came banked some 200+million dollars?

Oh, did i mention that he was a gambling and sex addict? Man ...
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    animate said:

Meek said:

hmmmm, went to Stanford... intriguing. 3.3, hmmm, well it is hard... majored in Comm? But why? That’s strange. Usually people major in something decent at Stanford.

Affirm.

well, I actually live here and I can actually see a scenario where some shitty, unnecessary Silicon Valley startup that has too much venture capital is ready to hire a communications team and Connor shows them the resume AND the snowboard video - hired on the spot...fast forward to 4 years later and he's rolling in cash from the ISOs he got during the Series b/c.

just kidding.
    I bet that shit happened far more than people realize. I bet some people banked on that.

In a sidenote: remember david choe who did some work for Facebook and took stocks instead of payment and when ipo came banked some 200+million dollars?

wait, david choe or @MikeDamone ?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    Meek said:

animate said:

Meek said:

Affirm.

just kidding.

wait, david choe or @MikeDamone ?
    Both.

Except mikedamone doesn't have 200 million dollars.