Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I love Molden

2»

Comments

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Has he stayed strictly at nickel or have they put him outside?

With Joyner gone next year, I hope he takes one of the cb spots (assuming Bryant returns). It will be chinteresting to see how they sort out the dbs next year

Joyner already gone
    He is, but with Miller gone next year as well, you have 2 open cb spots. I'm assuming Taylor gets one. Molden could get the other unless the coaches are dead set on him as a nickle. That's why I was wondering if Molden had played at a position outside of nickle.
    I think next year will be...

CB: Taylor
    CB: Hampton/Gordon/Irvin
    Slot: Bryant
    S: McKinney
    S: Molden
    Based on garbage time this year Hampton is Taylor's backup at RCB. I would say

RCB - Taylor, Hampton
    LCB - Gordon or Irvin
    Slot - Molden or Bryant (Roof is saying Bryant is rumored to leave early)
    S - McKinney
    S- Gilchrist or Irvin or Spam Chancellor.
    Has Irvin or Gordon gotten snaps on defense? I don't remember seeing them (I could be wrong). So Hampton coming in at the end of the game would help his case as a potential starter next year.

I also don't really buy the Myles Bryant entering the draft rumors, unless Pete let him know Molden would likely start over him next year and doesn't want to be regulated to being a back-up for his senior season. But he's not going to go high in the draft.
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    edited November 2018
    Wasn't there a mock draft not to long ago that had Myles Bryant listed as a fucking first round pick? lol.

edit: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-no-quarterbacks-in-round-1-cowboys-add-more-speed-at-receiver/

26th. Christ. No Byron Murphy or Taylor Rapp in this mock but Myles Bryant?

• Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

With Joyner gone next year, I hope he takes one of the cb spots (assuming Bryant returns). It will be chinteresting to see how they sort out the dbs next year

Joyner already gone
    He is, but with Miller gone next year as well, you have 2 open cb spots. I'm assuming Taylor gets one. Molden could get the other unless the coaches are dead set on him as a nickle. That's why I was wondering if Molden had played at a position outside of nickle.

I don't think Molden will be the guy who gets moved to safety.
    I could be remembering things wrong, but I thought that they experimented with Molden at safety in camp.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Joyner already gone

RCB - Taylor, Hampton
    LCB - Gordon or Irvin
    S - McKinney
    Has Irvin or Gordon gotten snaps on defense? I don't remember seeing them (I could be wrong). So Hampton coming in at the end of the game would help his case as a potential starter next year.

I also don't really buy the Myles Bryant entering the draft rumors, unless Pete let him know Molden would likely start over him next year and doesn't want to be regulated to being a back-up for his senior season. But he's not going to go high in the draft.
    I have not seen Gordon or Irvin take snaps this year. I just found it interesting that Hampton came in for Taylor who backs up Miller on the right side. Its probably irrelevant but I remember a few big plays from Hampton's HUDL from the RCB spot. I am in the camp that Bryant isn't even good enough for the XFL but Roof seems to know certain things. Its not like his stock can get better so the rumors of him leaving might have some truth. It has been telling that against Cal and WSU that he was benched in the 2nd half for Molden. I can't wait for our secondary position battles in spring next year.
  • Options

Joyner already gone

RCB - Taylor, Hampton
    LCB - Gordon or Irvin
    S - McKinney

I have not seen Gordon or Irvin take snaps this year. I just found it interesting that Hampton came in for Taylor who backs up Miller on the right side. Its probably irrelevant but I remember a few big plays from Hampton's HUDL from the RCB spot. I am in the camp that Bryant isn't even good enough for the XFL but Roof seems to know certain things. Its not like his stock can get better so the rumors of him leaving might have some truth. It has been telling that against Cal and WSU that he was benched in the 2nd half for Molden. I can't wait for our secondary position battles in spring next year.
    You might be right, I just lean towards it meaning Hampton might have a heads up on the competition of he's the one getting live snaps regardless of position. I don't think Lake would turn down having two 6'2" 200 DBs on the outside.

• Options

Joyner already gone

I don't think Molden will be the guy who gets moved to safety.
    I could be remembering things wrong, but I thought that they experimented with Molden at safety in camp.
    I know Austin Joyner was getting some safety work, but I don't recall Molden getting time out there, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.