Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Our best chance to beat CUOG...

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
...is if Minshew's stash attacks some hot drunk woman this week and Leach is forced to put him in a shed for the game. Odds are 50/50 or better this actually happens, so I think we are probably home free.

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Did everyone forget we have Myles Gaskin has feasted in the corpses of WSU and made their coeds shit themselves?

This is it. Everyone knows it.

Stack the line then go to HB and CO.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dongman said:

Swaye said:

...is if Minshew's stash attacks some hot drunk woman this week and Leach is forced to put him in a shed for the game. Odds are 50/50 or better this actually happens, so I think we are probably home free.

Leach is a law school grad. He loads up Minshew with consent agreements every week.

Minshew doesn't attack hot drunk women. Hot drunk women attack Minshew.

Fuck, I hate that guy.

Saw him on campus last week. He was carrying a folder that said “69ing & fuck confidentiality agreement”. A whole ream of paper and chicks were running up to take a sheet. I caught a tiddy to the face 20 ft away from him.
    This is the kind of filth that we do endorse.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Use gaskin as a decoy and put the ball in brownings hands. 60 passing attempts quite honestly should be the goal.

Coog secondary didn't get talented overnight. This is probably what the coaches will do along with sideline stuff to Fuller/Ahmed.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,572
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    haie said:

Use gaskin as a decoy and put the ball in brownings hands. 60 passing attempts quite honestly should be the goal.

Coog secondary didn't get talented overnight. This is probably what the coaches will do along with sideline stuff to Fuller/Ahmed.
    i wasnt being serious
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

i wasnt being serious
    I know. But that is what the coaches probably will do. They won't ride gaskin for 40 carries like they should.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    "Drop 8 into zone coverage"

This is a recipe for getting beat. We're going to need to get pressure. Minshew doesn't get sacked much but he is best standing in the pocket with time and he's going to have all the time in the world if we rush 3 most of the time.

Run the ball down their throats and utilize the big bodies in the passing game (Jones, Otton, Bryant). Love the way Otton looks to truck somebody every time he gets the ball. Bryant won't go down without a fight either and loves to stiff arm bitches.

The lack of deep balls and back shoulder throws to Ty Jones has been fucking irritating. He's not going to win a foot race. He's not going to be WIDE open like John Ross. They're called 50-50 balls for a reason, you gotta give your guy a chance. When thrown to Jones, 50-50 balls are more like 90-10 balls with the 10 being an incompletion. He catches anything close to him. That's his game. Browning needs to grow a pair and give him chances. If it's not a big catch it'll be a pass interference.

Defensively its the same thing they always do. Drop 8 into zone coverage. Force them to dink and dunk the ball down the field. Force them to be perfect. Tackling has to be on point especially against their RB's when they throw check down swing passes. Put some licks on their receivers. Make them start to hear foot steps and drop balls. Play great redzone defense.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,770
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Minshew doesn't have CTE like Falk did. Minshew can still count (though pouring out a 40 for the Falk sister tittays). Dropping 8 just gives him 7 yard runs all day long.

Pressure from different angles is the only real way to fuck with the guy.

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

#thescript
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,770

Minshew doesn't have CTE like Falk did. Minshew can still count (though pouring out a 40 for the Falk sister tittays). Dropping 8 just gives him 7 yard runs all day long.

Pressure from different angles is the only real way to fuck with the guy.

I think they need a push up the middle and heat from the edge
    Don't we all?
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

Did everyone forget we have Myles Gaskin has feasted in the corpses of WSU and made their coeds shit themselves?

This is it. Everyone knows it.

Stack the line then go to HB and CO.
    Everyone but the person being paid four sticks. Instead expect speed options at the goal line, 40 pass attempts, and WSU gaining 6 yds a play and our D on the field for 3 quarters.
  • Options
    GOATGOAT Member Posts: 177
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I'm usually not a fan of dropping 8 into coverage except against the Cuog. The majority of time we rush three and play a 5 under, 3 deep zone. We do mix it up rushing four or bringing the middle linebackers from time to time. The difference this year is we don't have Vita Vea who single-handily ruined 3-4 possessions against the Cuog per game.

I rewatched parts of the last two Apple Cups recently and although we got good pressure, Falk had time to throw a number of times but nobody was open, or he was too fucked up from countless concussions to throw the ball. Minshew is definitely better than Falk but I'm not buying all the hype and Jimmy no balls is gonna continue to make Mike Leach's offense his bitch.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My only hope is that I know Vita and Qualls aren’t suiting up on Friday. And therefore Minshew won’t be pressured before his first read near as often as the QB has been the last 8 ACs.

Unfortunately MMFG will be suiting up, so that’s always a problem. Our receivers are much tuffer this year and our? QB isn’t constipated like the last one was. UW is still a strong squad. Just not the bullies that they were the last couple Seasons.

In the end it’s just a lot of words to explain not only #whyicameback but why I’m gonna go get kicked in the teeth live and in color this time, again.