Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Myles Gaskin

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
Few players are so great that they transcend their position. Rather than being a great lineman or a great quarterback or a great linebacker, some guys are just great football players. They do everything well.

In my view, Myles Gaskin is one of the best football players in UW history. He does everything well and makes the entire team better.

Hard to believe his last game at Husky Stadium is this Saturday.

Comments

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited November 2018
    TTJ said:

It's amazing to me how underappreciated Myles is. Especially after that Cal debacle in his absence.

Remember the Rose Bowl that was lost to michigan? The next year after the national championship season?

The way tyrone wheatley ran the ball against Steve Hoffmann vs how he would’ve ran against Steve Emtman was so stark that it boggles the mind.

I feel the cal and oregon games were both losses that WOULD have gone the other way if Myles was completely healthy.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    TTJ said:

It's amazing to me how underappreciated Myles is. Especially after that Cal debacle in his absence.

How is he underappreciated? He’s a very, very good college RB. A top 5 one for certain at UW and maybe even top 2-3.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Plus he can make sweet painful love to you
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,579 Founders Club
    Passion said:

TTJ said:

I hear you.

I was a student when Kaufman was at UW. The guy was viewed as a God from the moment he stepped foot on campus. I don't think Myles is perceived the same way, and Kaufman had better QBs, better defenses and a better offensive line.

Napolean and Myles have different skillsets, but I think that Myles belongs in that rare company with Mcelhenny, Kaufman, and Dillon in terms of RBs. And - as I said in my original post - I think he is one of the greatest football players (regardless of position) in UW history.
    We started to worship the QB during the long decade of defeat, before that really.

When Nip showed up the running game was king and O linemen could be the star of the recruiting class

I remember when Lincoln Kennedy was a freshman standing on the sidelines because Freshmen linemen didn't play under James all that often, marveling at his size and can't waiting to see him play

Now that football is 7 on 7 the QB is the guy and they all get stats
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,473
    TTJ said:

Reminds me, I read a comment on this board the other day that said something to the affect of, "Yeah, Gaskin is good and all, but he can't break the long ones." Bullshit. Gaskin is #1 in UW history for rushes of 50+ yards (8). Yes, stats are for losers. But this is just one of the many examples that illustrates how people don't realize how good this guy really is.

1. 86 Yds. (TD) Southern Miss, 2015
    2. 78 (TD) Sacramento State, 2015
    3. 72 (TD) 0reg0n, 2015
    4. 69 (TD) Penn State, 2017
    5. 68 0reg0n, 2016
    6. 65 (TD) 0reg0n, 2016
    7. 57 (TD) Colorado, 2017
    8. 53 Arizona State, 2015

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    digits said:

TTJ said:

Reminds me, I read a comment on this board the other day that said something to the affect of, "Yeah, Gaskin is good and all, but he can't break the long ones." Bullshit. Gaskin is #1 in UW history for rushes of 50+ yards (8). Yes, stats are for losers. But this is just one of the many examples that illustrates how people don't realize how good this guy really is.

3. 72 (TD) 0reg0n, 2015
    5. 68 0reg0n, 2016
    6. 65 (TD) 0reg0n, 2016

Four in 2015
    Two in 2016
    Two in 2017
    Zero in 2018

He's clearly not as explosive as he once was. I'm sure the injuries have a lot to do with that. He's a warrior.
    edited November 2018

digits said:

TTJ said:

3. 72 (TD) 0reg0n, 2015
    5. 68 0reg0n, 2016
    6. 65 (TD) 0reg0n, 2016

Four in 2015
    Two in 2016
    Two in 2017
    Zero in 2018

He's clearly not as explosive as he once was. I'm sure the injuries have a lot to do with that. He's a warrior.
    I don't think it has anything to do with him being less explosive.

In my opinion, he took the world completely by surprise in 2015. Nobody knew who he was.

In 2016 teams were trying to figure out how to stop John Ross and Dante Pettis. That is the year that browning won pac-12 player of the year, so Gaskin benefited from an historic year passing.

In 2017 and especially in 2018 (this year) teams now realize that if you stop the run and pressure browning, you can beat UW. Myles Gaskin became the focal point for opposing defenses.

• TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

digits said:

TTJ said:

3. 72 (TD) 0reg0n, 2015
    5. 68 0reg0n, 2016
    6. 65 (TD) 0reg0n, 2016

Four in 2015
    Two in 2016
    Two in 2017
    Zero in 2018

Meh. Myles looked pretty explosive on his long Q1 run at Utah in October.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,473
    9. 64 Oregon St, 2018
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

digits said:

TTJ said:

3. 72 (TD) 0reg0n, 2015
    5. 68 0reg0n, 2016
    6. 65 (TD) 0reg0n, 2016

Four in 2015
    Two in 2016
    Two in 2017
    Zero in 2018

He's healed!
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,537 Swaye's Wigwam
    Daddy came home from winning WWII. Daddy needed loving
    Bump.

Fuck it. He is as good as any Husky RB I’ve ever seen, and as valuable as any of the great players we’ve had (yes, Emtman, Marques, etc.).