Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Leavitt

insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Been browsing the DT boards and there's some speculation that Leavitt is mailing it in as a FU to Mario cause he's still salty he didn't get the job. I thought the $1.8M would keep him happy but maybe not. Do you quooks want Leavitt gone?

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    That's not the highly comported Jim Leavitt I KNOW.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2018

Been browsing the DT boards and there's some speculation that Leavitt is mailing it in as a FU to Mario cause he's still salty he didn't get the job. I thought the $1.8M would keep him happy but maybe not. Do you quooks want Leavitt gone?

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!!! EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT TYPING IN ALL CAPS AND USING HASHTAGS MAKES YOU A GREAT COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE MY DUCKS!!! #PEPSI
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    That doesn't make much sense to me. Sounds like the usual internet keyboard bullshit.

Leavitt mailing it in as an FU to Mario and/or Oregon? No.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    He just isn’t very good. What’s sad is, he still might be the best DC we’ve had since Aliotti left, and I wouldn’t criticize anybody that sad Leavitt is as good if not better in some ways than Aliotti was.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

He just isn’t very good. What’s sad is, he still might be the best DC we’ve had since Aliotti left, and I wouldn’t criticize anybody that sad Leavitt is as good if not better in some ways than Aliotti was.

Why do you hate Rich Stubler???
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Disagree. I'm fine with how the defense has played. Considering the offense goes 3 and out every single 1st half possession on the road, we were lucky to only be down 17-0 in those 3 games. If the D doesn't take a Great Leap Forward (for our Chinese Duck fans) next year with the influx of talent in last year's class and this year's, I will be disappointed. We were still starting Apelu (probably the worst P5 defensive starter in the country) at LB this year, so not sure why anyone's expectations were higher than what the D has shown.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Leavitt isn't the problem. It starts at the top.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Why do you hate Rich Stubler???
    Stubler happened to be there the year Cory Dillon roamed the field of play

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

DuckTerritory is your source?!?!?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Playing defense today in college football takes a combo of talent and coaching. Oklahoma passes the eye test on D but can't stop a pee wee squad. The Big 12 offenses are legit though. Georgia and their SEC defense got run over by Oklahoma last year and had to outscore them

Its a concern with Petersen -we have seen what happens when the DAWGS have to score. They usually don't

You need a great offense because no matter how good your D is it will get worked sometimes

Oh you mean like today's Oregon State game?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In regulation 24 points is the season high UW gave up

OSU joins Stanford in second at 23

UCLA and UO got 24
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2018
    digits said:

He gone.

Good for him. He turned our defense from dreck to mediocre. Sark>TY

But seriously, taking a 116th ranked defense and making them mediocre can get you a low level D1 head job today. The bar lowered significantly once FSU hired Willie Taggart.
    I am a little surprised Jimmy Lake isn't being considered for a head job